Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Tribix Emitter for xls tabbed output
smuks
I just downloaded the Tribix emitter for xls in order to be able to produce tabbed excel output using BIRT 2.5.
I am however unable to figure out how to :
1] custom name the tabs
2] make the gridlines on the excel output sheet visible
Is there a way to achieve the above? Any ideas would be much appreciated!
Thanks much.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi smuks,
I don't believe either of these are features of the Tribix emitter. You might be able to download the source of the emitter and see if there's a spot where they set the names of the tabs that you can edit and if you can make the grid lines show in there by adding some code as well.
Actuate does have a product that has more spreadsheet specific capabilities that may handle your needs. You can find a free download of the designer at the following link,
http://www.actuate.com/products/spreadsheets/
.
Hope this helps.
smuks
Thanks so much for your response. Much appreciated. I will definitely check out the Actuate spreadsheet product right away.<br />
<br />
In the meantime, I was wondering if you could please give me some pointers on how to avoid bunching up and generation of extra columns and rows in the Excel output using Tribix. I did notice that a similar discussion has already happened in which you suggested modifying the "grid master template". I am afraid I do not follow what you meant. I apologize for my ignorance. If you could please point me in the right direction, it would be very helpful.<br />
<br />
Thanks much.<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="65975" data-time="1277752977" data-date="28 June 2010 - 12:22 PM"><p>
Hi smuks,<br />
<br />
I don't believe either of these are features of the Tribix emitter. You might be able to download the source of the emitter and see if there's a spot where they set the names of the tabs that you can edit and if you can make the grid lines show in there by adding some code as well.<br />
<br />
Actuate does have a product that has more spreadsheet specific capabilities that may handle your needs. You can find a free download of the designer at the following link, <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.actuate.com/products/spreadsheets/.'>http://www.actuate.com/products/spreadsheets/.</a><br
/>
<br />
Hope this helps.<br /></p></blockquote>