Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
setting BIRT_RESOURCE_PATH in web.xml
OffTheWall
We are using Jboss on a Microsoft Server environment. We are deploying using the Actuate Components ear file. And we have been successully able to move our reports out of the ear into a separate directory by setting
<context-param>
<param-name>STANDALONE_REPOSITORY_PATH</param-name>
<param-value>C:/reports</param-value>
</context-param>
Now we want to move the Resources folder out from the ear file. The problem is that none of the following work:
<context-param>
<param-name>BIRT_RESOURCE_PATH</param-name>
<param-value>/reports/Resources</param-value>
</context-param>
<context-param>
<param-name>BIRT_RESOURCE_PATH</param-name>
<param-value>c:/reports/Resources</param-value>
</context-param>
<context-param>
<param-name>BIRT_RESOURCE_PATH</param-name>
<param-value>c:\reports\Resources</param-value>
</context-param>
Of course I could be doing something wrong, but I would be interested to know if other people have run into this problem; and if so, what is the work around?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi OffTheWall,
This is strange, what is your J2EE container?
Ashwini
OffTheWall
Raj Jawahar in Acutate Support took a look at this and verified that setting the BIRT_RESOURCE_PATH in web.xml does indeed work. In a windows environment, you can set it like this: c:/reports/resources and it will work. I have also verified that this works.
I was not very careful in my original attempt to get this to work. I think we can put this report in the graveyard and chalk it up to operator error (mine).