Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Text Wrapping for Data column cell
KavithaD
Hi All,
Please can any tell me how to implement Text wrapping.I am having title column which has more than 20 char i could able to get 5 char in report rest is not getting displayed.Can you tell me which is the best way to do it?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you set the size of the column to fit the title? Or do you need it to wrap? Wrapping should be the default. What version of BIRT are you using?
KavithaD
Hi mwilliams,
Thanks for the reply.I am having 9 columns.In that few columns has text fields.When i generate the report few texts were not displayed in the column it was chopped so i want to display whole string by using wrapper.Tel me which is the best option
How Can I set the size of the column to fit the title?
Yes I need to wrap.
What version of BIRT are you using?
2.5.1
Thank you,
Kavitha
mwilliams
Kavitha,
If the text has a break character like a space or '-' or something like that, it should break to the next line. If it doesn't have anywhere to break, like in a URL, it'll get cut off unless you split it up yourself, I believe. If you do have break characters in your text and it's not wrapping, can you please reproduce your issue with the sample database? Thanks!
KavithaD
Hi mwilliams,
I dont have any break characters.Please can you tel me how to do wrapping mean to say how to bring back characters to next line.
Thank you,
Kavitha
mwilliams
You could figure out how many characters fit in your specified width for your column, then you could check the length of your value and use substrings to split it up if it's too long.