Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Dynamic Drop Down Population
System
Can someone fire me an example of the best way to have one drop down boxes data populate given the choice of another drop down box. I tried with little sucess to use the
Interwoven provided example of this in the userscript\locations dct.
Basically, I have two items and I want the first selection to drive the choices of the second item's drop down
Also based on a drop down selection in an item - has anyone ever used radio buttons to drive the second item.
Thus, in the first item if someone selects foo - I want the
radio button to allow input from three choices (good, bad, ugly) - otherwise the only choice from the radio buttons is good
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Koneill,
You can accomplish it with formAPI/Javascript.
Regarding the BEST way of doing it, I'm not sure about it. I would say there are different ways to do this. Take a look on previous postings and you'll find a lot of discussion regarding it.
You can find some documentation on formAPI at:
-
http://[YOUR
SERVER]/iw/help/tst/formapi/index.html
-
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=48964
Check this posting to see an example on how to handle the events and stuff:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEMPLATING&Number=8909&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=Paulo&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=8798
There is also another posting/article from Interwoven that utilizes a shoe store type of thing as an example, where they show how to use the formAPI.
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=49148
Good Luck!
Paulo Gouveia
Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises
Information Tecnology
Edited by Paulo on 02/03/03 09:01 AM (server time).
Migrateduser
Thanks - this is a great start - likely I'll try it tomorrow and let you know -
Migrateduser
Thanks - it appears I don't need this functionality right now - I'll save this info though for the future