Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Display Group
Netzio
Hi,
As I can that the Group X report the details of the group are replicated and to deploy them to see the sign (+) and the Eclipse Naviagator ...
from already thank you very much
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Netzio,
I'm not sure if I'm understanding completely. Are you asking how to make a group report where the groups are expandable with a + sign?
Netzio
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66161" data-time="1278427271" data-date="06 July 2010 - 07:41 AM"><p>
Hi Netzio,<br />
<br />
I'm not sure if I'm understanding completely. Are you asking how to make a group report where the groups are expandable with a + sign?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Exactly ...
mwilliams
Take a look at this post from the devShare. It may help point you in the right direction:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1126-collapse-groups-client-side/
Another thing you could do would be to create a drill-through type report that calls a report with the group you clicked on expanded.
Netzio
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66202" data-time="1278513408" data-date="07 July 2010 - 07:36 AM"><p>
Take a look at this post from the devShare. It may help point you in the right direction:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1126-collapse-groups-client-side/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1126-collapse-groups-client-side/</a><br
/>
<br />
Another thing you could do would be to create a drill-through type report that calls a report with the group you clicked on expanded.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I watched the report that shows me and while doing what I need, I can not replicate as is done there will not be out there a video or tutorial that explains this issue better than the rest is formidable for grouped reports of thousands of records. ..<br />
<br />
Thanks
mwilliams
Netzio,
Another thing you could do would be to use a drill down report making an array that keeps track of the "expanded" groups so that you can bring in the data for those groups only. When you expand a group, you'd add that group to the array and pass it through a parameter to a new report. When you close a group, you'd remove that group from the array and pass it through the parameter to the new report. Let me know if you have any questions.
Netzio
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66522" data-time="1279308632" data-date="16 July 2010 - 12:30 PM"><p>
Netzio,<br />
<br />
Another thing you could do would be to use a drill down report making an array that keeps track of the "expanded" groups so that you can bring in the data for those groups only. When you expand a group, you'd add that group to the array and pass it through a parameter to a new report. When you close a group, you'd remove that group from the array and pass it through the parameter to the new report. Let me know if you have any questions.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hello Mwilliams.<br />
<br />
The truth functional is what you're saying, but in practice how do I do?<br />
<br />
You will not have an example out there where you can see it working ...<br />
<br />
Birt 2.3 work<br />
<br />
Thank you very much
mwilliams
Netzio,
I made the attached report in 2.5.1 a while back, but hadn't gotten it working correctly. I think I have it going now. Try changing the version info in the XML source to match your version info. If it doesn't work, I'll make a similar example in 2.3.0. This example uses a parameter and a comma separated string array to determine which subtables to show and which ones not to show. Let me know if you have any questions.
mwilliams
One more note: The parameter is passed through a drill through to the same report. You can see the drill through and parameter passing (where most of the code is) by selecting the data element in the outer table and going to the hyperlink section of the property editor and opening up the hyperlink that's set up.