Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Row Numbers in Report Footer
KSTENNER
I am trying to add row numbers to a table ( BIRT 2.5.0 ) that has multiple lines in the report footer. I have created a variable on initialization of the report and a data binding in the table to increment the variable. The problem I have is that is shows the same number for each of the report footer lines. There are no detail lines in the table, only the footer lines. Are there any suggestions on how to do this?
The other problem I have is that I have a sub-table within the table that I would like the row numbers to continue through the sub-report and then back to the outer table. I'm hoping there is a solution that would help with both situations.
Thanks,
kstenner
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi kstenner,
Can you set up a report with the sample database that has both issues you're talking about in it so that I can work with it? Thanks.
KSTENNER
Michael,
On the sample report, I would want consecutive row numbers to show on every line, including the 2 group footers, the subreport and the 2 report footer lines. Is there a way to do that?
Thanks,
kstenner
mwilliams
Here's one way to do it. Let me know if this isn't what you want.
KSTENNER
Michael,
This seems to be working for what I want. Is there a way to format the number so that it doesn't have the decimal place and trailing 0? I've tried several functions, but nothing seems to be working.
Thanks!
kstenner
mwilliams
kstenner,
You could put it in a "text" element and use <VALUE-OF format=#>rowCount;</VALUE-OF>. That'll get rid of it. I would think you'd be able to apply formatting to the dynamic text in script too.