Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic Data Sources
dan3874
I write reports for a large hospital corporation. Once a report is designed it can be available for use at multiple facilities, each with their own data sources for the various databases within each facility. Rather than make a separate copy of these reports for each facility, I'd rather place the reports on a single report server and dynamically choose the data sources based on the facility running the report.
Has anyone implemented this type of solution? Please give me your ideas!
Daniel Davis
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
foolcatjr
I don't know how change the data source.
But I think there's another way.
You only need ONE data source, but you can change the URL dynamically
johnw
Assuming that you are using the same data set, and that each of the databases uses the exact same structure, you can easily just use the Property Binding in the data source to replace the JDBC URL at runtime.
You can also think about using the beforeFactory method to dynamically change the datasets datasource, and have multiple data sources in your design, but thats assuming your always using a JDBC data source, and that the underlying data structure is always the same.