Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Get 2 Columns in report
nnish
Hello everyone,
Am new to BIRT reports and wanted to know how i can get a grid / list with 2 columns.
I have 1000 Entries and want the entries listed in 2 columns and after the second column is full the next entries have to go to the next page . how can i do this ?
Thanks in advance.
nnish
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi nnish,
BIRT 2.6 was supposed to have the ability to do this out of the box as a feature. I'm not sure if it made it into the release or not. I'll have to check on that. If it didn't, you can do the same with a 1 row, 2 column grid, 2 tables, and filters on the tables. Let me know if you need further explanation!
nnish
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66256" data-time="1278600543" data-date="08 July 2010 - 07:49 AM"><p>
Hi nnish,<br />
<br />
BIRT 2.6 was supposed to have the ability to do this out of the box as a feature. I'm not sure if it made it into the release or not. I'll have to check on that. If it didn't, you can do the same with a 1 row, 2 column grid, 2 tables, and filters on the tables. Let me know if you need further explanation!
<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Can you guide me how to do it . <br />
<br />
I have 100 entries in total.On page one on the left column i want 25 entries and on the right column 25 entries and then the next page the same 25 on the left 25 on the right so in 2 pages i have all the 100 entries .Can this be achieved ? <br />
<br />
Doing this just to save pages
<br />
<br />
It would be great if you can give me an example.
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version? Do you have the newest version, 2.6? Or are you using an earlier version? Let me know. I'll make an example.
nnish
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66364" data-time="1278972467" data-date="12 July 2010 - 03:07 PM"><p>
What is your BIRT version? Do you have the newest version, 2.6? Or are you using an earlier version? Let me know. I'll make an example.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I have BIRT V 2.6.0 its the latest what i downloaded. It would be great if you can post an example . I am sure it will be help full for everyone. <br />
<br />
Thanks.
mwilliams
It looks like the feature was delayed from 2.6.0 into a further release. So, the way to do it is with the grid and filters. I'll make an example for you and post it when I'm done.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=133218
mwilliams
Sorry for the delay. Take a look at this example. I used a 2 column grid, 2 tables, a computed column in the dataSet, and a filter on each table. I also changed the "page break interval" to 25.
Hope this helps.