Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Mobile Framework for iServer
dan3874
I love the ease that BIRT On Demand provides. However, because we are dealing with proprietary health care data we cannot make use of that product. I tried to follow the directions for installing the mobile framework on our trial version of iServer. I'm not that familiar with installing things on the Tomcat, but I didn't find instructions on how to get the report files that are used to run and setup the Mobile Framework into the right spot!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bhanley
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'dan3874'" data-cid="66254" data-time="1278600059" data-date="08 July 2010 - 07:40 AM"><p>
I love the ease that BIRT On Demand provides. However, because we are dealing with proprietary health care data we cannot make use of that product. I tried to follow the directions for installing the mobile framework on our trial version of iServer. I'm not that familiar with installing things on the Tomcat, but I didn't find instructions on how to get the report files that are used to run and setup the Mobile Framework into the right spot!<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
The BIRT report that handles the administration can go anywhere you want on the iServer. Just deploy it using the Management Console. Once it is on the iServer, you can secure it to make sure the right people have access. Generally it is best to create a "Mobile Users" group to have rights tot he report and then add/remove individual users from that group when needed.<br />
<br />
Once you have the report deployed, be sure and update the "AdminInterface" context variable in the web application. This ensures the web app knows where to find your deployed report.<br />
<br />
Let me know if you have any further questions, the forums are here to help!
dan3874
I must be missing something as I read through the Installation and Usage Guide for Actuate Mobile Framework for iServer. I have installed iServer 11 on my laptop. I would love a step-by-step listing for what to do to make this work on iServer 11.
First - In iServer 11 I do not find the C:\Program Files\Actuate10\iPortal\webapps, in which I am supposed to place the ActuateMobile.war file. I did find C:\Program Files (x86)\Actuate11\iServer\servletcontainer\webapps, but placing the .war file in there didn't seem to have any effect.
Second - I placed all the .jar files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Actuate11\iServer\resources. But, without seeing any difference in the first step, I'm not sure if this is the correct place. I also pulled all the images out of the /images folder in the zip file and placed them in that same folder.
Third - I went into the iServer management console and added the ActuateMobile.rptdesign file, but when I try to run it, nothing happens except errors. These, again, seem to be related to the fact that I never saw the "new context" called ActuateMobile. But, I'm not sure where I would see it.
Please help me understand what I'm doing wrong so I can get my reports mobilized! We are mobilizing proprietary reports based on hospital specific databases and so we cannot use BIRT Ondemand!
Thanks, Dan
bhanley
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'dan3874'" data-cid="66552" data-time="1279548578" data-date="19 July 2010 - 07:09 AM"><p>
I must be missing something as I read through the Installation and Usage Guide for Actuate Mobile Framework for iServer. I have installed iServer 11 on my laptop. I would love a step-by-step listing for what to do to make this work on iServer 11.<br />
<br />
First - In iServer 11 I do not find the C:\Program Files\Actuate10\iPortal\webapps, in which I am supposed to place the ActuateMobile.war file. I did find C:\Program Files (x86)\Actuate11\iServer\servletcontainer\webapps, but placing the .war file in there didn't seem to have any effect.<br />
<br />
Second - I placed all the .jar files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Actuate11\iServer\resources. But, without seeing any difference in the first step, I'm not sure if this is the correct place. I also pulled all the images out of the /images folder in the zip file and placed them in that same folder.<br />
<br />
Third - I went into the iServer management console and added the ActuateMobile.rptdesign file, but when I try to run it, nothing happens except errors. These, again, seem to be related to the fact that I never saw the "new context" called ActuateMobile. But, I'm not sure where I would see it.<br />
<br />
Please help me understand what I'm doing wrong so I can get my reports mobilized! We are mobilizing proprietary reports based on hospital specific databases and so we cannot use BIRT Ondemand!<br />
<br />
Thanks, Dan<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Dan,<br />
<br />
Actuate 11 is not formally supported at this time. Formal support for Actuate Mobile on Actuate 11 will coincide with the release of Actuate 11 later this year.<br />
<br />
That being said, I can work with you to get a beta build of Actuate Mobile built and deployed for you to test with. Please contact me off-line if you are interested in going in that direction. <br />
<br />
--Brian