Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Corrupt design file after saving with 2.5.2 designer
tapani108
I have recently updated my designer to 2.5.2. After that, when saving my old report designs (which are working fine) I get a message "Saving this upgrade the design to the current version may prevent an earlier version from opening it". After that, org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper openReportDesign keeps throwing an "invalid design file" error.<br />
<br />
This is odd, because I should be using the BIRT 2.5.2 runtime to render the reports.<br />
<br />
Looking at the working version vs. the new version headers:<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>working version</strong><br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<report xmlns="http://www.eclipse.org/birt/2005/design" version="3.2.20" id="1">
<property name="createdBy">Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 2.5.1.v20090903 Build <2.5.1.v20090917-1447></property>
</pre>
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>new (non-working) version</strong><br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<report xmlns="http://www.eclipse.org/birt/2005/design" version="3.2.21" id="1">
<property name="createdBy">Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 2.5.2.v20100208 Build <2.5.2.v20100210-0630></property>
</pre>
<br />
For what it's worth, apart from the headers change I also noticed that the designer has moved these parameters downwards in the list of properties, without apparent reason.<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<property name="units">in</property>
<simple-property-list name="includeResource">
<value>localization/BIRTLabels</value>
</simple-property-list>
</pre>
<br />
At the moment I am unable to edit my report designs and my work has come to a standstill. Should I degrade back to the old designer, and where can I find the 2.5.1 version of the designer for eclipse?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Tapani,
You can find the 2.5.1 version here:
http://archive.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/build.php?build=R-R1-2_5_1-200909220630
As for the issue, I've never heard of this happening before. Does the error happen only when you run the report? Or is it just opening it? If it's just opening it, can you attach one of your design files in here for me to try to open with 2.5.2?
tapani108
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66311" data-time="1278704472" data-date="09 July 2010 - 12:41 PM"><p>
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://archive.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/build.php?build=R-R1-2_5_1-200909220630'>http://archive.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/build.php?build=R-R1-2_5_1-200909220630</a><br
/>
<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Umm.. pardon me, but is there a mac version with the 2.5.1 designer, in a similar way as the newest birt download? I am looking for the 32-bit Cocoa implementation that has the 2.5.1 designer.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66311" data-time="1278704472" data-date="09 July 2010 - 12:41 PM"><p>
<br />
As for the issue, I've never heard of this happening before. Does the error happen only when you run the report? Or is it just opening it?<br />
<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Only when attempting to open the report on deployment. I have no problem viewing the report from the designer in the standalone viewer that comes with the designer installation.<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66311" data-time="1278704472" data-date="09 July 2010 - 12:41 PM"><p>
<br />
If it's just opening it, can you attach one of your design files in here for me to try to open with 2.5.2?<br />
<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Yes. Here as attachment, db connection info omitted.