Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Deploying reports in applications without web viewer
SmokesMom
Has anyone deployed their own instance of the birt engine without using the web viewer using an https post command instead of the get command? We would like to use post to avoid the security issues of displaying everything in the url. If anyone has an example of this, it would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Yes, this has been done both with and without the BIRT viewer. This was supposed to have been fixed several BIRT versions ago, I remember since I reported the initial bug and posted a patch that would allow POST in the BIRT web viewer. I believe they went another route, but the result was the same. You should be able to use POST with the viewer now.
Regardless, yes, I have built my own viewer in the past that accepted parameter values via post.
SmokesMom
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="66318" data-time="1278759437" data-date="10 July 2010 - 03:57 AM"><p>
Yes, this has been done both with and without the BIRT viewer. This was supposed to have been fixed several BIRT versions ago, I remember since I reported the initial bug and posted a patch that would allow POST in the BIRT web viewer. I believe they went another route, but the result was the same. You should be able to use POST with the viewer now.<br />
<br />
Regardless, yes, I have built my own viewer in the past that accepted parameter values via post.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Thanks for the reply johnw. Do you have a sample of the java code to do this?
johnw
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'SmokesMom'" data-cid="66380" data-time="1279030703" data-date="13 July 2010 - 07:18 AM"><p>
Thanks for the reply johnw. Do you have a sample of the java code to do this?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
If your just want to use POST to pass in parameter values, the patch I submitted should still be attached to the bug in the BIRT bugzilla. You would have to apply it and build from source.<br />
<br />
If your talking about the viewer I built, I dont have it to post publicly. Besides, it would be pretty big to post
SmokesMom
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="66398" data-time="1279080805" data-date="13 July 2010 - 09:13 PM"><p>
If your just want to use POST to pass in parameter values, the patch I submitted should still be attached to the bug in the BIRT bugzilla. You would have to apply it and build from source.<br />
<br />
If your talking about the viewer I built, I dont have it to post publicly. Besides, it would be pretty big to post
<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Cool, thank you sooo much for your help.