Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
SVG Charts not working
J0j0
Hi all,
i have a Problem with BIRT Designer 2.6.0.v20100531.
I need to create a Sheet with some line charts in high quality.
Chart type SVG will always produce an Image output in PDF.
How can i improve the quality of that chart?
I tried to raise the chart resolution via "reportContext.getAppContext().put("CHART_RESOLUTION", 1000);"
Only lines are getting thinner and a little improvement of the quality.
But if i have a SVG image, i think i do not have to raise the resolution and the lines are staying thick?!
Can anybody help me please creating an SVG Chart?!?!?!?!
Thx and kind regards
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi J0j0,
For the CHART_RESOLUTION property, I think there is a limit that is much lower than 1000, so you wouldn't see a difference between say, 300 and 1000. I could be wrong on that, but that's what I understood. As for the image in PDF, I believe that the image is converted to PNG or something in the PDF emitter before it is put into the PDF document. I could also be wrong on this. Your best bet would be to log a bug for your image being of poor quality in PDF and see what they come back with. You can log a bug at
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
. If you log a bug, please post the bug information in here for future reference. Thanks!
J0j0
hi,
i think i found the problem.
They implemented SVG to PDF support in 2.6... or they improved it.
Maybe the improvment does not work with designer?!
Greets
mwilliams
Thanks for the update!