Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Bar Chart with 2 series in BIRT 2.6
dzish
Hi,
I have a report with bar chart with 2 series. One of serie is with 0 value and that is core of problem. At this case is bar strange you can look at chartBug.rptdesign attachment.
There is little workaround to have in dataset instead
select CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS.COUNTRY
, COUNT(CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS.CUSTOMERNUMBER) AS customersCount
, 0+0.00001 AS anotherColumn
from CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS
group by CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS.COUNTRY
dataset which is shown in chart correctly
select CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS.COUNTRY
, COUNT(CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS.CUSTOMERNUMBER) AS customersCount
, 0+0.00001 AS anotherColumn
from CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS
group by CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS.COUNTRY
But I don't want to use this workaround. Is it really bug or I make something wrong? In previous version of BIRT chart was correct.
thank you
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi dzish,
What is happening that you don't want to happen? Can you explain more about what you're expecting to see with a series of value 0?
dzish
Hi
and thank you for response. I add two screenshots of reports.
They have small diference in dataset:
* correct chart is with "0+0.00001 AS anotherColumn"
* wrong chart is with "0 AS anotherColumn"
Jan
PS: Now I see wrong written dataset in first letter
So correct dataset with wrong displaying of results is
select CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS.COUNTRY
, COUNT(CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS.CUSTOMERNUMBER) AS customersCount
, 0 AS anotherColumn
from CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS
group by CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS.COUNTRY
mwilliams
dzish,
Ok, I see the problem now. Please log a bug for this at
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
.
dzish
Hi,<br />
<br />
so I have added just today
into bugzilla:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=321499'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=321499</a><br
/>
<br />
And I found better workaround. If I change type of column in dataset from decimal to integer or float, it's ok.<br />
<br />
I have to admit that I was in the begining of work with BIRT confused of automatically adding decimal instead of integer. Now I'm conciliating with such behaviour even I don't agree with it.
mwilliams
dzish,
Thanks for the update! I'm glad you found a workaround that will work for now.