Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Chart Series error with 2.6/Helios
jdessey
Hello all,
At Ingres Corp we have an Eclipse RCP tool for developers that now includes the BIRT eclipse plugin. I have one sample report that works fine on 2.5.2/Galileo, but errors on 2.6/Helios. The report xml is attached.
The error I'm seeing is:
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Mismatch (3!=2) in dataset count found in stacked runtime series
From what I've gathered, this error is coming from the report's bar chart. The only explanation for the error I could find was where a chart had stacked series' with a different number of data points. My series is not stacked. I've also noticed that when the optional grouping level is removed, the error goes away.
Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.
-Joe
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Joe,
Any way you can recreate this issue with the sample database? Create one that works in 2.5.2, but not in 2.6?
foolcatjr
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66445" data-time="1279142815" data-date="14 July 2010 - 02:26 PM"><p>
Hi Joe,<br />
<br />
Any way you can recreate this issue with the sample database? Create one that works in 2.5.2, but not in 2.6?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
This is a bug, and this bug is in very earlier version which I don't remember the version number, and fixed later, I don't know why this bug appear again.
jdessey
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66445" data-time="1279142815" data-date="14 July 2010 - 02:26 PM"><p>
Hi Joe,<br />
<br />
Any way you can recreate this issue with the sample database? Create one that works in 2.5.2, but not in 2.6?<br /></p></blockquote>
I've not yet been able to reproduce this with the Classic Models database, but I have reproduced it on an Oracle db with an identical data set. So I don't think it's data source related. I'll try again with either the included sample db, or one which can be easily provided.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'foolcatjr'" data-cid="66489" data-time="1279272250" data-date="16 July 2010 - 02:24 AM"><p>
This is a bug, and this bug is in very earlier version which I don't remember the version number, and fixed later, I don't know why this bug appear again.<br /></p></blockquote>
The previous bug's test case would be valuable here. I haven't come across one when searching the error text.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Joe
mwilliams
Joe,
Can you attach your .rptdesign file in here, so I can see how everything is set up? I'll try to recreate this issue too.
jdessey
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66510" data-time="1279299522" data-date="16 July 2010 - 09:58 AM"><p>
Joe,<br />
<br />
Can you attach your .rptdesign file in here, so I can see how everything is set up? I'll try to recreate this issue too.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I've attached a very stripped down version of the report that still shows the issue. If you need access to the exact dataset, I can arrange that via an EC2 instance. Thanks.
jdessey
Hi,
Were you able to make any progress? If not, the RCP will just use Galileo with BIRT 2.5.2. It seems we can't easily package BIRT 2.5.2 with Helios due to dependencies.
Thanks,
Joe
faneprapad
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'foolcatjr'" data-cid="66489" data-time="1279272250" data-date="16 July 2010 - 02:24 AM"><p>
This is a bug, and this bug is in very earlier version which I don't remember the version number, and fixed later, I don't know why this bug appear again.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
We've experienced the same problem, unfortunately. Our reports are designed in BIRT 2.5.2 and we tried to deploy them in 2.6.0 without making any changes, as we were excited about the new features. But it seems this bug was revived in 2.6.0<br />
<br />
I'm looking forward for a patch to this bug, as we would really make use of the new features
mwilliams
So, this error only happens when the report is deployed? It runs within the designer? Or doesn't work anywhere? Let me know.
jdessey
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66830" data-time="1280346106" data-date="28 July 2010 - 12:41 PM"><p>
So, this error only happens when the report is deployed? It runs within the designer? Or doesn't work anywhere? Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I think you're referring to faneprapad's report, but just in case - <br />
The report runs within the designer in BIRT 2.5.2, but not 2.6.0. I have not set up a server, so I can't say if it works or not once deployed.<br />
Thanks,<br />
Joe
mwilliams
Joe,
Sorry for the delay in getting to this, I was out of town with meetings all week last week. I'm going to attempt to duplicate this issue now. I do have another question for you though. If you recreated this chart, from scratch, in 2.6, does it still not work?
jdessey
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66833" data-time="1280346876" data-date="28 July 2010 - 12:54 PM"><p>
Joe,<br />
<br />
Sorry for the delay in getting to this, I was out of town with meetings all week last week. I'm going to attempt to duplicate this issue now. I do have another question for you though. If you recreated this chart, from scratch, in 2.6, does it still not work?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
No Problem.<br />
I have recreated the chart from scratch in 2.6 many times. In fact, the stripped down rptdesign I posted was from scratch. I've also compared the xml of the 2.5.2 version with 2.6, and nothing changes aside from the version. So I think we can rule out a report xml conversion issue.<br />
<br />
It could be somewhat related to the type of data. To recap, I was not able to reproduce it against the classic models db, but was able to reproduce against identical ingres and oracle 'foodmart' data sets.
mwilliams
Joe,
The only thing done in the chart is giving a x-axis field, a y-axis field, and a grouping field? Is that how simple the chart is? If so, I'm not able to reproduce the error with the sample database either. Have you tried recreating it with similar data to your data from a flat file?
If we don't find a resolution for this, I would suggest submitting a bug for it at
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
and see what they come back with.
faneprapad
I think it is related to this: <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/birt-dev/msg00531.html'>http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/birt-dev/msg00531.html</a><br
/>
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66835" data-time="1280349187" data-date="28 July 2010 - 01:33 PM"><p>
Joe,<br />
<br />
The only thing done in the chart is giving a x-axis field, a y-axis field, and a grouping field? Is that how simple the chart is? If so, I'm not able to reproduce the error with the sample database either. Have you tried recreating it with similar data to your data from a flat file?<br />
<br />
If we don't find a resolution for this, I would suggest submitting a bug for it at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/</a>
; and see what they come back with.<br /></p></blockquote>
jdessey
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66835" data-time="1280349187" data-date="28 July 2010 - 01:33 PM"><p>
Joe,<br />
<br />
The only thing done in the chart is giving a x-axis field, a y-axis field, and a grouping field? Is that how simple the chart is? If so, I'm not able to reproduce the error with the sample database either. Have you tried recreating it with similar data to your data from a flat file?<br />
<br />
If we don't find a resolution for this, I would suggest submitting a bug for it at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/</a>
; and see what they come back with.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Mike,<br />
I was able to reproduce the issue with a small flat file. The rptdesign is attached along with the csv (renamed to txt since csv appears to be prohibited). I hope this helps.<br />
-Joe
mwilliams
Joe,
Definitely log this as a bug at the link I posted above. The only way I was able to get this error to go away was to make it so there was an even amount of items in each "grouping". After getting rid of that error, I began receiving another error, so there is definitely a problem. I've not figured out the new issue yet. I'll post in here if I do. When you create your error report, attach this text file and report design. Also, if you could post the bug info in here for future reference, that'd be great! Thanks!
jdessey
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66912" data-time="1280528448" data-date="30 July 2010 - 03:20 PM"><p>
Joe,<br />
<br />
Definitely log this as a bug at the link I posted above. The only way I was able to get this error to go away was to make it so there was an even amount of items in each "grouping". After getting rid of that error, I began receiving another error, so there is definitely a problem. I've not figured out the new issue yet. I'll post in here if I do. When you create your error report, attach this text file and report design. Also, if you could post the bug info in here for future reference, that'd be great! Thanks!<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
FYI<br />
Bug 321599 was opened here - <a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=321599'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=321599</a>
;
mwilliams
Joe,
Thanks for the update!