Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Upgrade BIRT2.3.2 to BIRT 2.6
Saed
Hi all,
I have a problem when I tried to update my java application to using BIRT2.6 (NOT WEB)
I replaced the following directory for BIRT :
1- lib
2- plugins
3- configuration
but when I tried to create the engine I faced the following exception:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineConfig.getLogRollin gSize()
and this is the code which I used to create the engine :
EngineConfig config = new EngineConfig();
config.setEngineHome(home);//the location of the engine plug-ins and jar files
config.setLogConfig(home+"/BIRT_log", Level.ALL); //use null if you do not want a log file
Platform.startup( config );
IReportEngineFactory factory = (IReportEngineFactory) Platform.createFactoryObject(IReportEngineFactory.EXTENSION_ REPORT_ENGINE_FACTORY);
engine = factory.createReportEngine( config ); //here the error happened
please advice,
thanks in advance
Saed
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
monika
I also have got the same issue and found that EAR deployed on server having the 2.3.2 jars. Check if any of your project is not having old jars location in classpath.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Saed'" data-cid="66566" data-time="1279613986" data-date="20 July 2010 - 01:19 AM"><p>
Hi all,<br />
<br />
I have a problem when I tried to update my java application to using BIRT2.6 (NOT WEB)<br />
<br />
I replaced the following directory for BIRT :<br />
1- lib<br />
2- plugins<br />
3- configuration<br />
<br />
but when I tried to create the engine I faced the following exception:<br />
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineConfig.getLogRollin gSize()<br />
<br />
and this is the code which I used to create the engine :<br />
<br />
EngineConfig config = new EngineConfig();<br />
config.setEngineHome(home);//the location of the engine plug-ins and jar files<br />
config.setLogConfig(home+"/BIRT_log", Level.ALL); //use null if you do not want a log file<br />
Platform.startup( config );<br />
IReportEngineFactory factory = (IReportEngineFactory) Platform.createFactoryObject(IReportEngineFactory.EXTENSION_ REPORT_ENGINE_FACTORY);<br />
engine = factory.createReportEngine( config ); //here the error happened<br />
<br />
please advice,<br />
thanks in advance<br />
<br />
Saed<br /></p></blockquote>