Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
What's the best way to make the interactive viewer get the reports from a database
zszugyi
We're using Actuate (10sp1f4) and we'd need to be able to
make the interactive viewer fetch the available reports from a
database instead of the file system. What would be the best way
to do this?
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
khobbs333
I found this:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/wiki/index.php?title=BIRT:Deployment#Q:_Can_I_store_report_designs_in_a_location_other_than_the_file_system.3F
So it seems this feature is not supported?
johnw
This is supported in Actuate 11. I am not sure what the release date is. But currently I am hosting my encyclopedia in a PostGreSQL database using the Actuate 11 beta.<br />
<br />
John<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'khobbs333'" data-cid="66584" data-time="1279659526" data-date="20 July 2010 - 01:58 PM"><p>
I found this:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/wiki/index.php?title=BIRT:Deployment#Q:_Can_I_store_report_designs_in_a_location_other_than_the_file_system.3F'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/wiki/index.php?title=BIRT:Deployment#Q:_Can_I_store_report_designs_in_a_location_other_than_the_file_system.3F</a><br
/>
<br />
So it seems this feature is not supported?<br /></p></blockquote>
averma
Actuate 11 uses PostGreSQL only to store meta data information related to encylopedia. The actual reports, data objects, report documents etc. are still stored on a file partition.
Ashwini
zszugyi
Thanks for the responses. Is the feature planned for a future release?
averma
Hi zszugyi,
There are performance issues with that approach since database becomes a bottleneck. What are your main concerns with the file system based approach? Encyclopedia volume is completely secure and iServer provides api's to fetch data from the repository.
Ashwini