Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
NullPointerException introduced moving from 2.6RC3 to 2.6.0
JimTalbut
Hi,
I've just upgraded from 2.6 RC3 to 2.6.0 (released) and I'm hitting this NullPointerException every time I try to render to HTML:
SEVERE: An error happened while running the report. Cause:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.html.util.HTMLEmitterUtil.buildOverflowStyle(HTMLEmitterUtil.java:289)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.html.HTMLVisionOptimize.buildCellStyle(HTMLVisionOptimize.java:362)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.html.HTMLReportEmitter.startCell(HTMLReportEmitter.java:2135)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLTableLayoutEmitter.flushRow(HTMLTableLayoutEmitter.java:344)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLTableLayoutEmitter.flush(HTMLTableLayoutEmitter.java:313)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLTableLayoutEmitter.endRow(HTMLTableLayoutEmitter.java:632)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ContentEmitterUtil.endContent(ContentEmitterUtil.java:111)
The same report will render from within the eclipse, so there is nothing wrong with that - my guess is that something has changed in how I have to set up the HTML Emitter.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JimTalbut
I found a solution this morning:
htmlRenderOption.setEnableAgentStyleEngine( true );
My guess is that if I don't set that it fails because I haven't setUserAgent, so it can't attempt to fix the format manually.
I don't know what changed between the RC and the release.
kentobi2
Hey there,
I got the same problem
Is there any bugzilla open?