Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
WebViewer PrintPreview in the parent window
A_Fejer
Hi everyone,<br />
<br />
I am currently developing a Rich Dialog Application in Xpert.Ivy at the company I work for.<br />
We want to implement the BIRT WebViewer into our application.<br />
For this I use RBrowser widgets provided by the ULC (Ultra Light Client) Framework from Canoo.<br />
This browser widget uses the Internet Explorer engine to display a HTML page<br />
To make the navigation for the user more comfortable I am using the framset with the toolbar, navigationbar, TOC etc.<br />
<br />
The problem is that whenever the user wants to print a report, when he is done with configuring the values in the PrintReportDialog and hits 'ok', it tries to open the PrintPreview in an new window.<br />
It works in IE, but in our application an IE window pops up and it displays an error saying that the session is not available or has expired.<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>- The viewing session is not available or has expired.
org.eclipse.birt.report.exception.ViewerException: The viewing session is not available or has expired.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.doGet(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:158)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.doPost(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:224)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:647)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.service(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:116)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:873)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)</pre>
<br />
Now what I'm trying to do is to edit the <strong class='bbc'>BirtPrintReportDialog.js</strong> file (located birt-viewer\webcontent\birt\ajax\ui\dialog) so that it loads the PrintPreview in the parent window instead of trying to open a new window. Unfortunately I ain't that good in writing JavaScript code and I'm having trouble to figure out how the preview output is generated.<br />
<br />
I know that the following line is responsible for the new window, but I don't know how to make it load the PrintPreview in the current window:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>var previousPrintWindow = window.open( '', Constants.WINDOW_PRINT_PREVIEW, 'location=no,scrollbars=yes,dependent=yes' );</pre>
<br />
Some information about my working environment:<br />
BIRT: BIRT Runtime 2.6.0<br />
OS: WinXP Pro SP2<br />
JAVA: JDK 1.6.0.20<br />
IE: Version 6<br />
<br />
I hope that someone can help me solve this problem.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Andras Fejer
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet