Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Parameters pop-up when generating a report with the ReportEngine
Ykk_Jeff
Hi,
I use a template that needs to select a parameter.
When I use the RCP Designer or BIRT Viewer, BIRT display the parameter window for the report, but when I use the ReportEngine (with the method render), I don't have a popup.
I wanted to know if it's possible when generating a report with the ReportEngine (using java code) to display the parameters pop-up in order to input parameters for the report.
I don't want to implement an IHM for the parameter selection, and I thought that BIRT would be able to display the classic popup, because my report needs parameters...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
BIRT won't built a parameter pop up for you unless you are using the WebViewer in your code.
What you need to do is:
1) Get the values of your parameters.
2) Pass them in to the setParameters(Map) method.
If you don't know your parameters, you use a parameter extraction task, which you get get via the ReportRunnable object, to lookup your parameters in your report.
John