Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
calendar view year
birtprofi
Hello everybody,
I need your help. I try to made a year calendar report file but I failed.
for example:
employe: Mr. Mustermann
Year: 2009
days horizontal
month vertical
2009 M T W T F S S M T W T F S S
Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Apr
etc.
Could anyone help me?
best regards
Rafael
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Rafael,
So, you want M T W Th F S S in your column header? If so, you'd have to have something like M1 T1 etc. Or another grouping above that was for week of month. Or would just 1-31 be good enough with your values you want in the calendar on the appropriate dates? For example February would still have a box for 1-31, but the last possible day it will have data would be the 29th in a leap year. Let me know.
birtprofi
Hi Michael,
thanks for your reply. If it is possible the report should look like or similar the attachment. Then I could make a link to a detail statement for every day of the year.
Your idea with 1-31 is also not bad, but I think it is maybe not so clearly arranged.
Best regards
Rafael
mwilliams
Rafael,
What is your BIRT version? I'll make an attempt at this in your version so you can for sure run whatever I come up with.
Let me know.
birtprofi
Hello Michael,
I work with Eclipse SDK Version 3.5.2 and BIRT Designer Version 2.5.2.v
Best Regards
Rafael
mwilliams
Rafael,
This should get you started. It only took the simple usage of a crosstab and it's standard date features. You'll just need to map the names to the months and days of week. Also, this is Sunday through Saturday as weeks because that is the default. If you want Monday through Sunday, you may have to create your own values for day of week and week of month. Let me know if you have any questions on where to go from here. Hope this helps.
birtprofi
Good morning Michael,
thanks a lot for your help. Now I have an idea how to create such things.
I will try different adjustments. If I have any question I will come back to you.
Wish you a good start in the new week.
best regards
Rafael
birtprofi
Hi Michael,
now I have made some testings and I have few problems, that I could not handle for myself.
- to change week from sunday/monday to monday/sunday is no problem for me, but I could not use the week of month function. Because the ascending sequence of the first days is not right. Look please the attached file.
So for my report is it necessary that the day of the month allways start with 1 2 3 etc. and not with 2, 1, 9 etc.
I see the problem with the function "week of month". I have an idea, what would you think about it.
I create a table with 6 x Monday to Sunday. And if the first day of a month = So, than start on the first So to fill. Do you think is this possible? (like the first image on this blog)
best regars
Rafael
p.s. sorry my english is not so good.
mwilliams
Rafael,
Take a look at the edited report. As I told you in my last post, you'd have to make a custom day of week and week of month column for monday through sunday to work. I went ahead and created those in this report. The first crosstab shows the way it was in the last report. The second one shows a monday thru sunday week setup. You can see the code that was used to do this in the fetch method of the dataSet. Hope this helps!
birtprofi
Hi Michael,
now it works perfect. Also I have located my failure.
Best regards
Rafael
mwilliams
Great! Glad to help! Let us know whenever you have questions!