Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table of Contents Entries Not Displaying in Preferred Order
kpelzer29
I am using a group on a Table and using the automatically created Table of Contents. I would like each entry in the Table of Contents to display a string with a numeric value (i.e., ENTRY1, ENTRY2, etc.), but I noticed the order the Table of Contents is displaying is not the order I would prefer. For example, ENTRY9 appears below ENTRY49 in the Table of Contents instead of above. Is there any way I can alter the order of entries in the Table of Contents?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
Does Entry9 appear before Entry49 in your report output?
The ordering should match your report output.
I assume some grouping is involved. Try making a computed integer column that trims off the "Entry" part.
Change the Grouping to this 'EntryGroup' integer col (which will sort as a number), then add "Entry" + row["EntryGroup"] for the TOC.
kpelzer29
Hi thuston,<br />
<br />
ENTRY9 previously appeared after ENTRY49 in the report output. <br />
<br />
I created a computed integer column as you suggested, but when I changed the grouping to the computed integer column, only the numeric values were displaying in the table of contents. I changed the Grouping to the string with a numeric value (i.e., ENTRY1, ENTRY2, etc.), added a Group Sort on the computed integer column, and now it works! ENTRY9 now appears before ENTRY49 in the report output and Table of Contents. Thank you for your help!<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="66735" data-time="1280174708" data-date="26 July 2010 - 01:05 PM"><p>
Does Entry9 appear before Entry49 in your report output?<br />
The ordering should match your report output.<br />
<br />
I assume some grouping is involved. Try making a computed integer column that trims off the "Entry" part.<br />
Change the Grouping to this 'EntryGroup' integer col (which will sort as a number), then add "Entry" + row["EntryGroup"] for the TOC.<br /></p></blockquote>
thuston
You should also have been able to create your own TOC expression in the Group definition dialog.
And you're welcome.