Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic width crosstab
Bharath406
Hi,
I would like to have a crosstab that expands with content. But as of now, if I just drag the cross tab from palette on to the designer it just stretches across the page irrespective of the content. If I try to resize the cross tab it just becomes a fixed width one.
Is there something I'm missing?
Thanks,
Bharath
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
Once you run it, it will size to fit the contents. "The Layout is a Lie"
dan3874
I'm not sure what you mean by, expands with data. As I understand the cross tab, you give it a specific space and it fills that space, regardless if there is one column or 10. So, if you set it up to take up the page width the one column will be that wide. Or if you have 10 columns that width would be divided into 10 equal parts.
Bharath406
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'dan3874'" data-cid="66740" data-time="1280178122" data-date="26 July 2010 - 02:02 PM"><p>
I'm not sure what you mean by, expands with data. As I understand the cross tab, you give it a specific space and it fills that space, regardless if there is one column or 10. So, if you set it up to take up the page width the one column will be that wide. Or if you have 10 columns that width would be divided into 10 equal parts.</p></blockquote>
Ok. May be I was not clear. As you said if we set it to page width, irrespective of number of columns it stretches along the complete page. But what I'm looking for is that the cross tab has to increase its width dynamically based on number of columns. Is that possible?
thuston
Just run the report with no size setting on the crossTab.
The whole purpose of the tool is that it grows with new column groups. It will extend way off the Master Page and then you'll be posting looking for a better way to control how it prints (to PDF).
Bharath406
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="66762" data-time="1280236531" data-date="27 July 2010 - 06:15 AM"><p>
Just run the report with no size setting on the crossTab.<br />
<br />
The whole purpose of the tool is that it grows with new column groups. It will extend way off the Master Page and then you'll be posting looking for a better way to control how it prints (to PDF).<br /></p></blockquote>
Got that.. Thnx Thuston