Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cascading Parameters
dan3874
I have a report that works great with cascading parameters. Users first choose the department and then are presented with a list of patients currently active in that department. However, I'd like to refine this process slightly. There will be times when the users want to select all patients in the department. With the generic implementation of this process, they have to click the first patient, scroll to the last patient and shift click that patient.
One option I've tried is to make the patient choice not required. That drops in a choice of Null Value, which does select all the patients if clicked. However, that choice would not make sense to end users. If I implement this option, I'd like to be able to have "Null Value" show up as "Select All".
A second option that was suggested is that all patients show up selected, and the user would click to deselect them. I don't see a way, other than the default choice, to have a selection come in already selected.
Anyone with any ideas????
I am using Eclipse BIRT Build id: 20100218-1602
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi dan3874,
You might be able to handle this issue better creating your own custom JSP parameter page where you have more control over everything. This post from the devShare should help get you started with that.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/298-2-2-birt-tag-library/
mwilliams
Dan,
You can also check out this devShare example for having a select all for multi select parameters.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1198-default-value-all-with-multi-select-parsmeter/