Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Nested Table
KavithaD
Hi All,
I am having Table inside a table (3 tables).In inner most table i am having comments field if comment is present then i should display comments in separately as shown in attachment with serial number.
1.Please any one suggest me how to display serial number of the inner most table and comments in another Table?
2.How to display Serial Number like A,B,C,D for Table1?
3.How to display serial number like 1a,1b,1c.... for Table3?
4.I thought Map can be used like building Map for the inner most table Table3 for each row?but i don't know how to build Map and use it.
Please Help me
Thank you,
Kavitha.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
I think the same should work as if you wanted to set up a nested Table Filter.
You use row._outer["Col_Name"]
KavithaD
Hi thuston,
Thank you for the reply.Do you mean to say there is no need of using different data set/Table to display comments i can use same table for displaying comments?
I used different nested table structure to display comments but i want it to make simple.Please help me.
Main problem here is serial number pattern.Please can any one suggest me the simple approach
Thank you,
Kavitha
thuston
I thought the serial number was part of your data.
I don't think there is an automated way to generate bullet names like that.
Correctly linking to a footnote (comments) table seems like it would be even more complex.
You might have to create your own libray or class that generates the values.
You'd then need a storage (HashMap) of serial-dataRow for the footnote table to lookup.
KavithaD
Hi thuston,
I Could able to display Serial pattern.I am getting serial number and comments from inner most table data set i need to display serial number and comments in a separate table.Can you tell me how to create hash map to store serial number and comments of serial-dataRows in script?
Thank you,
Kavitha
thuston
Rptdesign beforeFactory()
//create the map
rtMap = new java.util.HashMap();
elsewhere in the report
//write to the map
if ( rtMap.get( row["SerialName"] ) == null ) {
rtMap.put( row["SerialName"], row["Comment"] );
}
//read
var tmp = rtMap.get( row["SerialName"] );
KavithaD
Hi thuston,<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Report Design beforeFactory </strong><br />
<br />
rtMap1 = new java.util.HashMap(); //For Table2<br />
rtMap2 = new java.util.HashMap(); //For Table3<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>In detail row(Table2 & Table3 detail row) <br />
I added one dynamic Text and added function to write into hash map like</strong><br />
<br />
For Table2 adding both serial numbers and comments to map<br />
<br />
temp = group1Count.toString();<br />
if(row["COMMENTS"] != null && row["ITEM_TYPE"] == 'I'){<br />
rtMap2.put(temp,row["COMMENTS"] );<br />
}<br />
temp<br />
<br />
For Table3 adding both serial numbers and comments to map<br />
<br />
temp=group1Count.toString() + detailRowID[detailCount];<br />
if(row["COMMENTS"] != null){<br />
rtMap1.put(temp, row["COMMENTS"] );<br />
}<br />
temp<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Table1 footer i am reinitializing hash maps like</strong><br />
rtMap1 = new java.util.HashMap();<br />
rtMap2 = new java.util.HashMap();<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>At the end of Table1 detail row In another table i am reading both the hash table like</strong><br />
<br />
For Table2<br />
<br />
iterator = rtMap2.keySet().iterator();<br />
while (iterator.hasNext()) {<br />
key = iterator.next();<br />
temp = rtMap2.get(key) ;<br />
}<br />
<br />
For Table3<br />
<br />
iterator = rtMap1.keySet().iterator();<br />
while (iterator.hasNext()) {<br />
key = iterator.next();<br />
temp = rtMap1.get(key) ;<br />
}<br />
<br />
<br />
My problem is while reading i am getting single value data s are getting override.Please let me know how to correct it.<br />
Below is the attached file.