Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT 2.51. & Websphere 7 class loader policy error
afarrell1
If I set class loader policies when deploying BIRT 2.5.1 on Websphere 7.0 to :
1) parent last AND
2) single class loader for application
I get an error "can't start report engine". Should BIRT deploy and run with 1 and 2 set as above?
If I change either one (change to parent class loader first OR multiple class loaders for application) BIRT deploys and runs.
for my deployment I am going with a setting of "parent last" and "multiple class loaders for application".
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Have you seen these?
http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Deployment#Q:_How_do_I_install_BIRT_in_WebSphere.3F
They currently do not have WS 7, but they may be helpful. I would be somewhat worried about 2 when using OSGi.
Jason
afarrell1
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="66768" data-time="1280239834" data-date="27 July 2010 - 07:10 AM"><p>
Have you seen these?<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Deployment#Q:_How_do_I_install_BIRT_in_WebSphere.3F'>http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Deployment#Q:_How_do_I_install_BIRT_in_WebSphere.3F</a><br
/>
They currently do not have WS 7, but they may be helpful. I would be somewhat worried about 2 when using OSGi.<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
thanks Jason, I have read the links above. <br />
<br />
I am deploying the BIRT war in an ear (its the only war in the ear). I have tested that various permutations the only way I can get it installed is with the options above. Mind you the setting are against the ear, maybe when deploying the ear if I drill down to the war module setting I can get it working as expected.
JasonW
It would be good if you could open a bugzilla entry to get some help with this one. We could also get the wiki page updated for 7.
Jason