Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
ReportName as Parameter Input
birty
Hello Birties!
I've created a library with a Dataset:
Select name, telephone, fax, email from all_reports where reportname = ?
The table "all_reports" has the following colums:
report_name | name | telephone | fax | email
There I gonna store all reports along with their person in charge, e.g.:
report_0001.rptdesign | John Doe | 555-1234 | 555-1235 | jdoe@a.a
Now I wanna use that library in a few reports, hence its purpose is to display the person that you can contact regarding the report.
In my rptdesign-File I use a script in "Initialize" to get the reportname:
r_name = reportContext.getReportRunnable().getReportName()
That works perfectly...I can display the reportname in a label for example.
Now my problem is how to pass the reportname (r_name) as a parameter-input to the library's dataset.
Anyone who could help me out???
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi birty,
What are you trying to do with this? That might help me lead you to where you need to start!
birty
Hey Guru,
the purpose is to display the necessary information belonging to the report that's running.
For example: report_0028.rptdesign is running, now it should get the contact-information from the database using the dataset in the library. To query the right entry in the table to find the contactdetails it must know its reportname. Here I stuck...How can report_0028.rptdesign pass its reportname to the embedded library (dataset)?
mwilliams
Are you passing the report design name through the query? If so, you can grab the report name in the initialize method as you described, store the value in a persistentGlobalVariable and then pass the value through your dataSet's beforeOpen script. Hope this helps.