Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Property Binding
johnsonDMG
Is there an easier way of commenting out lines of sql code when doing property binding, rather than having to do it manually?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi johnsonDMG,
Can you explain more about what you're doing? What are you changing in the property binding? Thanks.
johnsonDMG
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66942" data-time="1280780054" data-date="02 August 2010 - 01:14 PM"><p>
Hi johnsonDMG,<br />
<br />
Can you explain more about what you're doing? What are you changing in the property binding? Thanks.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I have lines of sql code that I create in Toad which is the source of my dataset. Because of the multiple report prompts that i use in multiple union statements I have to put the sql code in the "property binding" and reference my report parameters i.e. parms["rpAdminID"]. see attachment
mwilliams
johnsonDMG,
Looks like something happened with the attachment. Please attach it again. Thanks!
johnsonDMG
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="66987" data-time="1280849998" data-date="03 August 2010 - 08:39 AM"><p>
johnsonDMG,<br />
<br />
Looks like something happened with the attachment. Please attach it again. Thanks!
<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
re-attached the imgage as a jpeg this time and not a png. this is a short example, i have others where the report parm "rpAdminID" can repeat up to 5 or 6 times so I have to override the sql code in the property binding.
mwilliams
So, this query is built externally to BIRT and brought in to call your data, but because of the unions, there are often repeated parameter calls that you need to remove/comment out the extras of and you want an easier way to get rid of the repeats rather than stepping through the created SQL manually? Am I understanding correctly?
johnsonDMG
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="67005" data-time="1280863528" data-date="03 August 2010 - 12:25 PM"><p>
So, this query is built externally to BIRT and brought in to call your data, but because of the unions, there are often repeated parameter calls that you need to remove/comment out the extras of and you want an easier way to get rid of the repeats rather than stepping through the created SQL manually? Am I understanding correctly?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Actually, I was hoping there was an easy of commenting the lines of code out besides doing each line manually. I saw somewhere someone mentioned using a text editor of some type and using scan/replace on the unprintable carridge returns to include ending quotes, etc.. but i couldn't get it to work. But I'd be interested also if you knew how get ride of the additional parameter calls. I can't use "?" in the query because the report would request I input "AdminID" if i had 5 unions using that "AdminID".