Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Data source property binding error in get connection
pabloMG
I'm using report design 2.6.
I want to create a report that uses different data sources while I'm developing the reports and while the reports are integrated in the application.
I create a BIRT JDBC data source, I put oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver (v1.0) as driver class, and a database URL.
In property binding:
User name: if ( params["JNDI_URL"].value == null ) "FAKE_USERNAME";
Password: if ( params["JNDI_URL"].value == null ) "FAKE_PASSWORD";
JNDI URL: if ( params["JNDI_URL"].value != null ) params["JNDI_URL"].value;
JNDI_URL is an optional report parameter.
When I click in test connection or when I edit a data set, I get the error: "There is an error in get connection, argumentos no v?lidos en la llamad" ("argumentos no v?lidos en la llamada" means "not valid arguments in the call").
But the report actually works when I execute it. There is a small nuisance while creating the query, but nothing else. It works when I integrate it with the application, too.
Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
Thanks in advance to anybody who can help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
tmseidel
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'pabloMG'" data-cid="66965" data-time="1280836687" data-date="03 August 2010 - 04:58 AM"><p>
In property binding:<br />
User name: if ( params["JNDI_URL"].value == null ) "FAKE_USERNAME";<br />
Password: if ( params["JNDI_URL"].value == null ) "FAKE_PASSWORD";<br />
JNDI URL: if ( params["JNDI_URL"].value != null ) params["JNDI_URL"].value;<br />
<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Why don't you use default values in your report-parameters? This would eliminate the property binding and would also resolve the problems whith the preview of your dataset.<br />
<br />
Tom
pabloMG
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'tmseidel'" data-cid="66966" data-time="1280837507" data-date="03 August 2010 - 05:11 AM"><p>
Why don't you use default values in your report-parameters? This would eliminate the property binding and would also resolve the problems whith the preview of your dataset.<br />
<br />
Tom<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi, thanks for answering.<br />
<br />
Isn't null the default value for an optional parameter? So yes, I'm actually using default values (null). And I can't eliminate the property binding, because I need to get the JNDI URL;