Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT with Custom JSP
shruti
Hi,
I am unable to link the custom parameter page to the report. After clicking Submit on Custom Jsp the default parameter page pops up and the eport is generated from default input. How to get rid of the default parameter page.
I am using <birt:parameterpage> in my custom JSP to generate report.
Please help as i am new to BIRT.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Can you post the complete jsp page? Also take a look at this blog entry:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2007_09_01_archive.html'>BIRT
World: September 2007</a><br />
<br />
Jason
shruti
Hi Jason,
Here is the JSP code which I created using the same link as given by you.
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%>
<%@ taglib uri="/birt.tld" prefix="birt" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
;
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
</head>
<script src="javascript">
function submitsearch(form)
{
//doing some form validation
form.submit();
}
</script>
<body>
<birt:parameterPage id="Report1" reportDesign="Search.rptdesign"
name="report"
pattern="frameset"
height="600"
width="800"
format="html"
isCustom="true"
showTitle="false"
showToolBar="true"
showNavigationBar="true"
>
Parameter1
<input type="Text" name="Parameter1">
Parameter2
<input type="Text" name="Parameter2">
<input type="button" value="Run Report" onclick="submitsearch(this.form)">
</birt:parameterPage>
</body>
</html>
The name of the parameters is same as in the rptdesign.
Please assist.
Thanks
JasonW
I just tried this example and it worked fine. Can you change the button to a submit and not use the script?
<input type="Submit" value="Run Report">
Jason
shruti
Jason,
I need to do form validation before submitting the form.
Thanks,
JasonW
Shruti,
I understand. I just want you to check that without the script does the tag work. Also put an alert in the script to verify that it is being called.
Jason
shruti
Thanks Jason,
Everything is working fine now except... I am using struts in my application to link the left menu with the customize parameter .jsp file. When i use independent jsp file it accepts the input parameters from customized page and runs the report. When i execute the same jsp using my left menu link the report is run using the default values for the parameters. BIRT is simply ignoring the data entered through the customized parameter page. Can you please suggest what might the problem?
Shruti
JasonW
Can you post the mods you made?