Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Group Number
KinG
Hi,
I am using BIRT 2.1.2. Is there any possibility to do group number in this BIRT 2.1.2.
Thank You.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
KavithaD
Hi,
Could you explain us clearly whats your requirement?So that we can provide some suggestion.
Thank you,
Kavitha
KinG
Hi Kavitha,
I am doing a PR report for a client.
I have 2 groupings. First group is by PRNUM and the second group is by PRLINENUM.
Sometimes the PRLINENUM will appear twice because I include gldebitacct and percentage from PRCOST table(Distribute Cost).
This happen because each PRLINENUM might have more then 1 gldebitacct. So I do grouping by PRLINENUM.
I put the PRLINE tables data in Group Header and the gldebitacct & percentage from PRCOST table in Group Detail(PRLINEGROUP).
I put the row number in Group header same line with PRLINE tables data.
When I run the report, first PRLINE displays no 1 and the second PRLINE displays no 3.
This is because the first PRLINENUM have 2 gldebitacct and the second PRLINENUM will displays no 3.
Know, how can I do row number by group so the report can display row number for PRLINE in sequence.
thuston
Your description is still confusing. Can you create an example using ClassicModels DB?
Explain what you get and also how you desire it to be different.
pricher
Kavitha,
You probably need some scripting to count the actual number of groups.
Assuming you have a grouping on PRLINE, you can:
1. Create a global variable called cnt_prline in the initialize() method of the report. The code would look like this:
cnt_prline = 1;
2. In your table, highlight the header section for the PRLINE group and choose the onCreate() method in the script tab. Enter the following line of code:
cnt_prline++;
3. You can then use the value of cnt_prline anywhere in your table.
Hope this helps.
P.
dji
Thank you, thank you! This was exactly what I needed. This tool is really quite amazing..
Dave