Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
First Grouped Report
CalilJorge
Hi guys!
I'm trying to do my first grouped report, and I have some trouble with that!
I'm doing a simple and easy example, to list all asset from each Item as the image below.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Calil,
What is your BIRT version? I'll make you a simple grouping example with a sum at the bottom of each group and provide an explanation based on it.
CalilJorge
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="67219" data-time="1281456146" data-date="10 August 2010 - 09:02 AM"><p>
Hi Calil,<br />
<br />
What is your BIRT version? I'll make you a simple grouping example with a sum at the bottom of each group and provide an explanation based on it.
<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Its Birt 2.3.2<br />
The Eclipse Platform I use is 3.4.2<br />
<br />
Tks!
johnw
Did you look at the examples in the Report Example view in BIRT? Go up to Window/Show View/Report Desiner/Report Examples. That will open a view within BIRT that has tons of example reports for your reference.
John
CalilJorge
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="67225" data-time="1281463317" data-date="10 August 2010 - 11:01 AM"><p>
Did you look at the examples in the Report Example view in BIRT? Go up to Window/Show View/Report Desiner/Report Examples. That will open a view within BIRT that has tons of example reports for your reference.<br />
<br />
John<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
The examples I have here seem to be written in another Birt version. There is no Open/Fetch methods in the dataSets. It is normal to use like this?<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Calil.
mwilliams
Calil,
Just take a look at the attached design. It'll show you how to use an aggregation in the footer of your group. You create the group by right clicking on the detail row tab or on the table tab and inserting a group. You define what you want to group on in the group editor. then in the group footer, you add an aggregation doing the function that you want on the field that you want over the group. All will be selected in the aggregation editor. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.
mwilliams
The example you looked at with the open/fetch methods was probably using a scripted dataSource/dataSet. If you're not using a scripted dataSet, you probably could just disregard that part of the example.
CalilJorge
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="67229" data-time="1281472909" data-date="10 August 2010 - 01:41 PM"><p>
The example you looked at with the open/fetch methods was probably using a scripted dataSource/dataSet. If you're not using a scripted dataSet, you probably could just disregard that part of the example.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Actually is the opposite.<br />
<br />
I use scripted dataSets, and the examples are just like the one you sent.<br />
<br />
I'm trying something like the .rptdesign that follows. The main idea is:<br />
<br />
1st step: Catch all itemnum from item<br />
2nd step: Catch all assetnum from asset where itemnum = 'itemnum from 1st step'<br />
3rd step: Sum all purchase price of each itemnum from 1st step<br />
<br />
Its better now?<br />
<br />
Thanks a lot for your attention!<br />
Calil.
mwilliams
The scripted dataSet should not matter. You'll still design it the same. In your case, you'd group by itemnumber, then add a second group to your table for each assetnumber if you're wanting those grouped, then you'd put an aggregation in the group 1 footer and choose sum for the function and your amount field for your expression value. Let me know if you have any issues with this.
CalilJorge
I got it, Michael!
I created a new Data Binding!
Thanks! I think it's ok now, my report! I just need to do more tests!
Best Regards!
Calil.
mwilliams
Calil,
Great to hear! Always glad to help! Let us know whenever you have questions!