Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Usage logging for Actuate 7
rszech
My organization is running (the very old and unsupported) Actuate7 iServer for many of our reporting needs.
I am trying to determine which reports are actually run by our users to identify reports. Actuate7 does record this data in usage_log.csv. However the file is limited to size of 100 kb, making it useless. The ?Actuate Server Integration? kit, provides the source code for the .dll that controls this filesize. It is a very simple change to modify the .dll and allow it to grow to a larger size. However, I cannot find a copy of the ?Actuate Server Integration? for Actuate iServer v7 and the corresponding usagelogext.c source code.
I took a long shot and attempted to use the corresponding UsrActivityLoggingExt.dll from the v10 Server Integration software I found here on this site, but without any luck, obviously due to a version conflict.
Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the ?Actuate Server Integration? kit? OR
Do you have a modified UsrActivityLoggingExt.dll (for Windows platform) that will create usage_log.csv files of a large (more than the ridiculous hard-coded size of 100 KB)?
If so, please feel free to send to me at rszech@yahoo.com.
Thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi rszech,
I'll see if I can find something for you on this or if I can find someone who knows Actuate 7 still. I'll post in here if I find something.
mwilliams
You could always set up a system where you dump this file into another file periodically so that you keep the file from filling up. I'll let you know if I find any other info on changing the max size.
rszech
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="67495" data-time="1282162825" data-date="18 August 2010 - 01:20 PM"><p>
You could always set up a system where you dump this file into another file periodically so that you keep the file from filling up. I'll let you know if I find any other info on changing the max size.<br /></p></blockquote>
rszech
Michael- Thanks for your response and trying to look into this further. I had already considered your suggestion of periodically dumping the the usage_log.csv contents into another file, but the problem is that the Windows Actuate service locks that file and it cannot be editted or deleted. So I can read the contents of the file or simply make frequent copies of it, but because I cannot delete or edit the original file I will end up with many copies of the same transaction. Please let me know if you're able to find a copy of the source code or a modified copy of the .dll that allows for larger log file to be created.
Thank you,
Scott