Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Embedding dynamically created SVG image
RyanWork
I have a PHP script that returns custom images in SVG format. An example format for the URL would be as follows:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>http://host:port/genImage.php?shape=circle&color=blue</pre>
<br />
The result (as viewed with a broswer) is a blue circle.<br />
<br />
Now to embed this image in a BIRT report...<br />
I have placed an image in the report, and chosen URI, and typed the above path. There is an error about unknown format. If I end the URI in '.svg', it shows correctly in the designer. Apparently file extension is all that is used here to determine file type.<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>http://host:port/genImage.php?shape=circle&color=blue&.svg</pre> [Works in designer]<br />
<br />
Now, the problem is that when I preview, or export with any emitter, BIRT <em class='bbc'>helps</em>, by converting all the & characters in the URI to &. As such, this is no longer a valid URI.<br />
<br />
The same thing happens if I use a text box (in HTML mode), and type the full <embed> or <object> tag there.<br />
How can I keep BIRT from converting my URL to a web-safe URL that doesn't go anywhere?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance,<br />
- Ryan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Ryan,
What is your BIRT version? Can you recreate this in a way that I can run it and see what you're seeing?