Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report engine preloading
kallem
Hi,
I was just wondering is it possible to preload report engine? I noticed that first report runs much longer than reports after that. It would be fine if preloading can be done e.g. on startup.
Thanks in advance,
Kalle
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kallem
Well, if there isn't any preload option I can achieve same by preloading dummy report before reports are really used.
- Kalle
remo
Hi kallem
If you integrate BIRT into your own application, you can instantiate the report engine on start-up of your application. Subsequent report execution will use the already initialized engine.
Don't know if that's what you're looking for. Maybe I don't completely understand your issue...
Remo
Ken T
Hi Remo
How do you instantiate the report engine on start-up of the application i.e what calls from the api do I have to make.
Thanks
Ken
kallem
Hi Ken,
I did it by loading an empty report in a normal way. During report processing I do use html export and I have noticed that export classes takes a while to initialize also. So after loading the report I did export it to html as well. After this when report is needed for real it is processes much faster.
- Kalle
remo
Ken,<br />
<br />
You could use something like this:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
...
EngineConfig config= new EngineConfig();
config.setEngineHome(birtHomeDir.getAbsolutePath());
engine= new ReportEngine(config);
...
</pre>
<br />
If you instantiate ReportEngine on start-up of your execution, you won't have to do it with your first report. Just make sure you reuse that instance of ReportEngine for all reports.<br />
<br />
Remo
Ken T
Hi Kalle, Remo
Thanks for both your suggestions. I will give them a go.
Ken