Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hidden rows and page break
JRS
Hi again,
I am debugging a report at the moment and the following problem appeared:
I have hidden rows inside a group directly via the visibility option:
if(Total.isBottomN(row["VHREFD"], 20, null, "Partnumber"))
{false;}
else {
true; }
This works. But the report shows exactly as much pages as before but only the 20 rows I wanted. All other pages are empty but shown. After a while the second entry in the group is shown and then the 20 wanted rows. After that again empty pages... And so on and so on.
Does anyone know how to solve this?
Greetings,
JRS
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JRS
the additional informations I forgot:
BIRT 2.3.1 RCP Designer
Windows XP
mwilliams
Hi JRS,
I'm pretty sure this was a bug in that version of BIRT for PDF that has been fixed in newer versions. Are you in a position where you have to use 2.3.1? Or could you upgrade if the newer version worked as expected?
JRS
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="67486" data-time="1282146787" data-date="18 August 2010 - 08:53 AM"><p>
Hi JRS,<br />
<br />
I'm pretty sure this was a bug in that version of BIRT for PDF that has been fixed in newer versions. Are you in a position where you have to use 2.3.1? Or could you upgrade if the newer version worked as expected?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi mwilliams,<br />
<br />
unfortunately I'm not in the position to change the version of BIRT, but I can try it in the newer version. If it works there I have another argument to upgrade.<br />
<br />
I solved the problem by setting the pagebreak intervall to 2000. This worked for PDF and HTML.<br />
<br />
Thanks
mwilliams
Great! I believe a page break interval of 0 was the old workaround that was used. Pretty much the same thing that 2000 does.
Let us know whenever you have questions.