Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Overriding Implicit Sorting
sadiduca
I have 2 scripted data sets. One has an order by clause in the SQL. I joined the two datasets with a Joint Data Set. I would like it to return in the order of the order by clause in the first data set, but there seems to be an implicit sort happening in the Joint Data Set. I do not see any way to override this sort order in the GUI.
Is there a way to override the sort order in the background code?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
sadiduca
I am using BIRT 2.3.2
mwilliams
Hi sadiduca,
I think the joint data set orders on the field you join on. You might be able to add a computed column to the first dataSet that does a running count of the lines, then after you join, you can reorder the dataSet by this computed column from the original dataSet as a workaround.
sadiduca
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="67541" data-time="1282239554" data-date="19 August 2010 - 10:39 AM"><p>
Hi sadiduca,<br />
<br />
I think the joint data set orders on the field you join on. You might be able to add a computed column to the first dataSet that does a running count of the lines, then after you join, you can reorder the dataSet by this computed column from the original dataSet as a workaround.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks for the quick response, but this puts me right back to where I started; how do I reorder the joint dataset? I have a field that is designed for the sorting (results 1,2,2,2,2,2,etc) in the original dataset, but I do not know how to set the sort order for the joint data set.
mwilliams
You'll have to sort it based on this column in the chart, list, or table that you display it in.