Hi<br />
<br />
I work with BIRT 2.5.2<br />
<br />
Due to BIRT bug #212387 (<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=212387'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=212387</a>), we had to use the parameter "useOldAliasMetadataBehavior=true" on all connection URLs to our MySQL DB in the past.<br />
<br />
Now that this bug is fixed (which I'm not sure about), I wanted to remove the mentioned parameter in the connection URL. But then all the reports raise an OutOfMemoryError, unfortunately without a stack trace that could give further hints:<br />
<br />
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError cannot be cast to java.lang.Exception <br />
<br />
To clarify: the execption is thrown in the "Preview" view of the Report Designer and also when the report is deployed in an application. However, in "Edit Data Set" -> "Preview Results" the result set is shown.<br />
<br />
In the end, I guess bug #212387 is still not resolved, as Actuate's Maggie Shen says in comment no 24. She says that she will open a new bug which I was unable to find.<br />
Of course I don't know if that's connected in any way to my OutOfMemoryError.<br />
<br />
Thanks for help!<br />
<br />
Remo