Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report failed to Open
Washu
I am having complaints of reports failing with the stack trace below. It seems not all machines/users experience the error, but the ones that do are consistent. Can anywhere tell me what is wrong or at least where to begin to look?
Rebecca Love
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException: Failed to open the report document.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.throwDummyException(ReportEngineService.java:1096)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.openReportDocument(ReportEngineService.java:495)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.openReportDocument(BirtViewerReportService.java:269)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.getTOC(BirtViewerReportService.java:611)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetTOCActionHandler.doExecution(AbstractGetTOCActionHandler.java:140)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetTOCActionHandler.__execute(AbstractGetTOCActionHandler.java:95)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleGetToc(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:141)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.process(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:112)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(BirtSoapBindingImpl.java:66)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)
at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)
at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:265)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:647)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:200)
at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:283)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:773)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:703)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:895)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Failed to open the report document.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportDocumentReader.loadCoreStreamHeader(ReportDocumentReader.java:233)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportDocumentReader.(ReportDocumentReader.java:168)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportDocumentReader.(ReportDocumentReader.java:142)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDocument(ReportEngineHelper.java:482)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDocument(ReportEngineHelper.java:458)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine.openReportDocument(ReportEngine.java:610)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.openReportDocument(ReportEngineService.java:489)
... 50 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /core
at org.eclipse.birt.core.archive.compound.ArchiveFileV3.lockEntry(ArchiveFileV3.java:140)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.archive.compound.ArchiveFile.lockEntry(ArchiveFile.java:390)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.archive.compound.ArchiveReader.lock(ArchiveReader.java:139)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportDocumentReader.loadCoreStreamHeader(ReportDocumentReader.java:202)
... 56 more
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gmartin314
Hello, I am running into the same problem. In my case, I have a command line Java object, which acts as a wrapper to the ReportRunner, in the ReportEngine API. My Java object has custom code (which I virtually copied from ReportRunner) to handle specific types of rendering. This design works most of the time, when there are only 1, or 2, reports running. However, when I get more than 2 simultaneous reports, I get the same error. I can't figure it out. Have you been able to determine what was causing it on your end?
Thank you,
Greg
johnw
Can you post your report design. I have a suspicion that report is fine, this sounds more like not enough threads/resources to handle your run code. Once I check out the report design, the next step it to take a look at the code that your using to run the report.
John
bungrudi
sorry.. was posting in the wrong thread <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/public/style_emoticons/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/public/style_emoticons/</a><#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif<br
/>
ignore this reply