Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hiding hyperlinks in PDF format
Anita Mathew
Hello,
I'm trying to add hyperlinks to my report that is rendered in the BIRT engine that is deployed on a JBoss server. The links display fine in HTML, but also in PDF. Is there a way to hide them in PDFs?
Thanks,
A.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi A.,<br />
<br />
Take a look at the following post from the devShare:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/540-little-trick:-disable-the-hyperlink-according-to-the-output-format/'>Disable
the hyperlink according to the output format</a>
Anita Mathew
Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
Thanks for the quick reply. The example provides a way to disable it on a report by report basis. But I need to disable it for all reports. <br />
<br />
I define my engine's IRunAndRenderTask's renderOption to be:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>HTMLRenderOption options = new HTMLRenderOption();
options.setOutputFormat(HTMLRenderOption.OUTPUT_FORMAT_HTML);
options.setActionHandler(new HTMLActionHandler());</pre>
<br />
Since this is an HTML render option only, why do the links get added to PDF format?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
A.
mwilliams
A,
I don't know that you'll be able to shut off the hyperlinks for all PDF reports with just one action. You'll probably need to add the above solution to every report that you want to remove the links from in PDF. Other than that, I would guess you'd have to change the source code to change this. You could always file an enhancement request for a way to shut off hyperlinks for PDF format.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/