Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Display SQL warnings
Jodin
I would really like to find a way to display SQL warnings or errors in my BIRT reports. Does anyone know of a way to do this, and if so, can you provide me with some code examples please? I have looked all over the Internet, and I have not found any practical examples on how to do this. The closest thing I have come up with so far is to add something in the OnFetch event for a table like the following script code:
if (row["EFEEDT"] == 0)
{
row["EXPDATE"] = findDataSet("STAFFMSTR").getSQLState();
}
The query would for dataset STAFFMSTR would look as follows:
SELECT
efeedt,
DATE ( SUBSTR ( DIGITS (efebdt),1,4) || '-' || SUBSTR ( DIGITS (efebdt),5,2) || '-' ||
SUBSTR ( DIGITS (efebdt),7,2))
FROM staffmstr
Thanks,
Jodin
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Jodin,
What kinds of SQL errors are you talking about? You want to display that there's an error if your efeedt value equals 0?