Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
SP2 : What Happened?
System
TeamSite 5.5.2 Service Pack 2 for WIndows 2000 does not seem to be available on the support site anymore. Does this mean it is not supported by Interwoven? What are the technical problems with it (I know there was an issue with SYSTEM permissions and iwextattr, but there was a workaround, and some people may have had problems with LDAP integrations)? When is the next service pack going to be released? My client needs this patch to get around a bug in previous releases.
We have TeamSite, Templating, OpenDeploy, MetaTagger, and even a non-standard JRE installed with TeamSite on this machine. It is not in production so there is no user load, but other than the SYSTEM permissions issue I haven't seen any problems.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Apparently you can still download it if you go to download products, but if you search for patches it is gone. I saw something weird in our environment today - I did a source diff against an earlier version of the XML file and both looked complete, but when I reverted the last few lines of the version I reverted to were gone.
dharrels
Hey John,
Where did you find SP2? I can't find it anywhere. I realized the update was missing today when I visited this KB article while trying to fix Visual Format:
Migrateduser
https://support.interwoven.com
-> Download Interwoven Products -> I AGREE -> TeamSite ->
Wait, it's not there anymore (I am almost certain it was there yesterday). Maybe they did read my post and pulled it but for some reason just aren't responding?
dharrels
The magical disappearing/reappearing service pack. From reading some other threads it seems that there were issues with SP2? Is that why it may have been pulled?
For those who may be following this thread and wondering about my Visual Format issue, downloading the replacement CAB and client.exe files from Ektron made everything happy again. I'm not sure why SP2 didn't fix this as it claimed.
-Dan
ProfessorX
This does not give me the
"Warm Fuzzies"!
The Professor-
Migrateduser
Rumor has it that a security hole that was fixed by 5.5.2 SP2 broke some client workflows. This is probably the reason they pulled it. It should come back at some point soon.
Migrateduser
I think it might be worse than that - they wouldn't have pulled it unless a majority of customers were having problems.
In WebDesk if I do file properties I get the attached blank screen/error. It works in WebDesk Pro. And there is some kind of problem with rolling back - when I view history things look fine, but when I revert I lose the end of the file.
Migrateduser
You are right, I have the ActiveBar problem with this release. You see what happens when you use TeamSite to version your code (the source code for TeamSite and Templating that is)?
Edited by john on 02/05/03 01:53 PM (server time).
Migrateduser
Yes. It was there yesterday. I've been using SP2 on Win2k for about 2 weeks and have had huge problems with getting MetaTagger to integrate properly. Once I uninstalled SP2, MetaTagger worked perfectly.
I've heard that they're going to be "repackaging" SP2 and redistributing it. Haven't heard a date or even and estimate yet. Seems like they're back to their old ways of using us as their testers rather than testing prior to release. :-(
- Jason
Migrateduser
I even have a support case open asking what the story is but no response in days.
Migrateduser
I received a partial response on my support case.
Service Pack 2 for TeamSite 5.5.2 has been put on temporary distribution
hold and is not available for download this week. Three issues were noted
with the original release of SP2, that are being remedied in a consolidated
patch for these items. Please note that one of the resolutions is an
improvement upon the security of our system.
SP2 will be available along with the consolidated patch, the week of
February 10.
Migrateduser
Hello!
I'm in Product Management here at Interwoven.
We did stop distributing SP2 this week. We expect to have it available again early next week.
While many customers are successfully using SP2, we found 3 bugs that we felt we should fix before more customers install SP2.
One of the 3 bugs is around permissions. SP2 actually tightened permissions, making the overall system more secure. However, upon release we learned that many customer workflows and configurations take advantage of the older model.
We are currently validating a consolidated patch for SP2 with reporting customers to be sure it fixes the problems.
Thanks for your patience during this week.
Migrateduser
Looks like SP2 has been re-released?
Migrateduser
Interwoven issued a new Service Pack 2 package with a mandatory patch for both the Windows and Solaris platforms on February 11, 2003.
If you are an Interwoven Support customer, please refer to the Knowledge Base
article that articulates the best path to take based on your current platform and status:
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=49745
For further supporting information, please refer to the release notes available
at:
https://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/teamsite/teamsite.asp
.
rajnag
Hi John,
Environment
TeamSite 5.5.2 service pack 5
OS: Win 2k
In one of my workflows it copy's dcr's form branch to another branch using iwcp CLT. The external-script runs as "SYSTEM" user on windows and its having permissions issues. Do you how I can overcome this permission problem for "SYSTEM" user. If i use window "copy" command insted of the CLT external script can copy the file to destination branch. I want to use iwcp to preserv the EA's is there any way that I could achive this.
Thanks
nag.
Migrateduser
I think this issue was pretty specific to that particular botch, which has been fixed in the version you cited. Can you ensure SYSTEM is in one of the groups in that file's ACL? Can you enable the user debugging flags in iw.cfg and see what groups TeamSite thinks that user is part of? SYSTEM is in the master.uid file, right?
rajnag
Can you ensure SYSTEM is in one of the groups in that file's ACL?
Yes. I have added user "SYSTEM" in the groups but when I see members of that group it show as "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM"
Can you enable the user debugging flags in iw.cfg and see what groups TeamSite thinks that user is part of?
Yes. Some the property fields that are sent in iw.cfg are
[iwcgi]
inherit_EA_on_Import=true
domain_list=SERV0967,INTRA
[iwserver]
main_owner=Administrator
main_group=Administrators
domain_list=SERV0967,INTRA
domain_local_groups=yes
webserver_group=TeamSite Web Preview
show_user_list=yes
show_user_list_verbose=yes
netmonitor=no
SYSTEM is in the master.uid file, right?
I have included SERV0967\SYSTEM in master.uid where SERV0967 is the machine name.
In iwtrace.log is see this
User "iwui" is removed, UserNameToID err=1
User "demo" is removed, UserNameToID err=925
[Thu Mar 18 09:41:04 2004] USER: SERV0967\SYSTEM
[Thu Mar 18 09:41:04 2004] GROUPS: [ ]
If I replace the iwcp CLT with windows "copy" in my external script every thing works fine.
Thanks
nag.
Migrateduser
I don't have any help, but another question is LDAP or .uid file?
rajnag
LDAP is not used for authentication.
iwtrace.log shows this information.
[Thu Mar 18 18:18:42 2004] Reading users and groups...
Local system: "SERV0967"
Domain browser: scan is started
Adding domain "INTRA" to check list, source=2
SetupUserGroups: reading configuration parameters
domain_local_groups = yes
include_nested_groups = yes
user: serv0967\Administrator
Ask local system:
NetUserGetLocalGroups( "NULL", "Administrator") ["demo" "Administrators" ]
groups = [SERV0967\demo SERV0967\Administrators ]
User "SYSTEM" is removed, UserNameToID err=925
Domain "INTRA" is added to the domain list, pdc="\\SERV0920".
Domain browser: list was updated
Current domain list:
Domain "INTRA": pdc="\\SERV0920" state="active" (2,1)
Domain browser: scan is complete.
user: \sarvesh
Ask local system:
NetUserGetLocalGroups( "NULL", "sarvesh") failed, error=2221
groups = []
user: \integration
Ask local system:
NetUserGetLocalGroups( "NULL", "integration") ["demo" "Users" ]
groups = [SERV0967\demo SERV0967\Users ]
User "iwui" is removed, UserNameToID err=925
user: \SYSTEM
Ask local system:
NetUserGetLocalGroups( "NULL", "SYSTEM") failed, error=2221
groups = []
User "user" is removed, UserNameToID err=925
[Thu Mar 18 18:18:44 2004] done. 4 users and 3 groups read.
[Thu Mar 18 18:18:44 2004] Cache size: 30000
[Thu Mar 18 18:18:47 2004] TFSEnvironment: inode cache 30000
[Thu Mar 18 18:18:48 2004] Batch Jobs Thread started
[Thu Mar 18 18:18:48 2004] C:\iw-home\etc\iw.cfg: rpc_threadcount=64
ERROR:02439: Operation not permitted //NOTE this is when using iwcp CLT
Thanks
nag.
Adam Stoller
SYSTEM is in the master.uid file, right?
I have included SERV0967\SYSTEM in master.uid where SERV0967 is the machine name.
Uhm - no - SYSTEM should
not
have a domain name in front of it - that may be the source of your problems. Remove the domain name then run
iwreset
(
no flags required
) and try your process again.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
rajnag
Hi Adam,
As you said I have removed the domain name and tried it again still its not working. Strange thing is user "SYSTEM" could able to copy the file to a diffrent branch usning windows "copy" command when trying to use TeamSite CLT "iwcp" it not showing this error in iwtrace.log file
ERROR:02439: Operation not permitted
I see this info related to SYSTEM in iwtrace.log file.
user: \SYSTEM
Ask local system:
NetUserGetLocalGroups( "NULL", "SYSTEM") failed, error=2221
groups = []
I have included user SYSTEM in the group that has full access to source and target branch.
Thanks
nag.
Migrateduser
Hate to say it but if you haven't already contacted Interwoven support that would be my next step.
Adam Stoller
Why is there a back-slash in front of SYSTEM in the output you posted?
The entry in the master.uid file should be:
SYSTEM
not:
\SYSTEM
nor:
domain\SYSTEM
Or was that just a typo ?
When you say it works running as SYSTEM from the command line - how are you logged in as SYSTEM?? I didn't think anyone could actually login as SYSTEM - ergo when you run it from the command line, you're running it as a particular DOMAIN\userid - and that's probably why it's working.
However, having gone through all this - I agree with John - contact Interwoven Support and have them work with you to resolve the issue (and then post a follow-up to indicate what happened, how it was resolved, etc.)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
rajnag
Hi Adam, John:
Thanks for your replies I will open a case with support to resolv this. The entry in master.uid file is SYSTEM but in the iwtrace.log log file it shows up as \SYSTEM.
>When you say it works running as SYSTEM from the command line
Under windows external-script runs as user "SYSTEM" and when I use windows OS "copy" command in my external-script its able to copy dcr's but it does not EA's. So I need to use iwcp to copy the EA's associated with the dcr's.
you are right that SYSTEM user cannot be used for login.
Thanks
nag.