Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
runningsum function in Cross Tab
Anter
Hello, I use BIRT 2.5.1.
I create report by means of Cross Tab. I need that every next value summed with the sum of previous values (id does function "RUNNINGSUM").
But in Cross Tab can't use this function (Error message: Aggregation on cube measure can not be such type: "RUNNINGSUM").
How I can solve this problem?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Anter,
You just want this for the grand total row?
Anter
Thanks for the reply mwilliams.
No, I want it for other rows.
mwilliams
So, it should be:
______|Feb|Mar |Apr |May
dept1 | 8 | 13 | 14 | 12
dept2 | 2 | 5 | -3 | -4
Total | 6 | 18 | 11 | 8
??
Anter
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="67805" data-time="1282834797" data-date="26 August 2010 - 07:59 AM"><p>
So, it should be:<br />
<br />
______|Feb|Mar |Apr |May<br />
dept1 | 8 | 13 | 14 | 12<br />
dept2 | 2 | 5 | -3 | -4<br />
Total | 6 | 18 | 11 | 8<br />
<br />
??<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Yes
mwilliams
Take a look at this example. I deleted the measure aggregations from the crosstab and added my own text elements where I computed the runningsum on my own. This should do what you're wanting. Let me know if you have questions.
Anter
Thank mwilliams, this is a good solution.
mwilliams
Not a problem. Always glad to help! Let us know whenever you have questions!
mruizv
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="67808" data-time="1282838985" data-date="26 August 2010 - 09:09 AM"><p>
Take a look at this example. I deleted the measure aggregations from the crosstab and added my own text elements where I computed the runningsum on my own. This should do what you're wanting. Let me know if you have questions.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I need to make the same but can't open the example.... i'm using birt 2_3_2