Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
The nested table example is not working
Mika
Hello,
What is "open source version" of the Actuate BIRT Designer Professional Plug-In for Eclipse?
Is the functionality at least as good as in current open source version 2.6.0?
I have some experience with open source version 2.6.0. When I tried to open a report done with open source
version there was the error message: The report file of the version "3.2.21" is not supported.
Are the filters working in the Actuate BIRT like same as in open source version 2.6.0? I attached
-actuateNestedTables.rptdesign (Actuate version)
-birtNestedTables.rptdesign (Open source 2.6.0 version)
-birtTable (xml for both reports)
-nestedResult.jpg
The report tests the nested tables with the inner and outer tables. In the open source version the filter:
row["Year"] Equal to row._outer["Year"]
is working, but in the Actuate version it is not. Actually in the Actuate version there is no Year in the selection of the first
parameter drop down list.
I have tested above situation with Actuate and I have had 2 complete different reports, which contain the nested tables. Both have problems with
the drop down list, which doesn't contain the first column in the data set.
Could some one reply with working version of the actuateNestedTables.rptdesign? Currently the report doesn't contain any filter.
BR,
Mika
ps. I posted this also to the general discussion, but also here
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
The trial of Actuate BIRT is probably for Actuate 10Sp1 (BIRT 2.3.2).
The fastest way to check is by making a new report and then go to the XML Source.
At the top will be CreatedBy with Eclipse BIRT version numbers.
Actuate 11 will be BIRT 2.6. Release date is TBA (expected before Jan 2011).
Your problems have nothing to do with the differences between Acuate and Eclipse BIRT nor the version differences.
I don't know what happened to that actuateNestedTables example, but it was not complete.
The inner Table needed to have its binding refreshed to get the [year] (not sure why it would have been removed).
Once year was available in the binding, you could create the Table filter for row["Year"] Equal to row._outer["Year"]
I've posted the corrected version that runs just fine in my Actuate 10Sp1. (you'll need to change the DataSource path back)
Mika
Thuston,
Thanks for the information and the corrected version of the program.
BR,
Mika