Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
data connection definition in Information object is not displaying Oralce
ramshankar
Oracle database type isn't showing up in the list when I go to create a new data connection definition but i could see in cache connection definition. Why it is displaying in cache connection definition?
How to set up a Oracle connection while creating new data connection definition using information object designer.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi ramshankar,
It shows up in mine, what version of BRD Pro are you working with?
Ashwini
ramshankar
I am using Information Object Designer Version: 10 Service Pack 1 Fix 3 (Build 100C100119) not the BRD Pro. Please find the attached screen shot.
viyer
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'ramshankar'" data-cid="67803" data-time="1282833355" data-date="26 August 2010 - 07:35 AM"><p>
I am using Information Object Designer Version: 10 Service Pack 1 Fix 3 (Build 100C100119) not the BRD Pro. Please find the attached screen shot.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Can you check if the server logs indicate any issues with loading Oracle drivers? You can find the log at $iServer/log/intsrvr10.<pid>...log
dstextras
Hi Ramshankar and Ashwini,
I'm having the same problem. I cannot setup an oracle connection for an information object. Please let me know if you got a solution to resolve the issue.
Thanks,
Varma
RSiegler
Ramshankar,
What have you set up as your development server?
Can you access it from that machine?
The Information Object Designer requires access to an iServer in order to create new DCDs and populate that list as you expect.
If I do not have access to the iServer set up as the development box, I see the same screen shot as you in that version of the designer.
This is no longer the case as of BIRT iServer 11SP4 and associated designer products.
jessicajen
In order to receive HD quality broadcast on your television, you must connect the high definition box using the correct cables designed for transmitting high definition television signals. You can use two different methods of accomplishing this. It can be connected in other ways, but these will not provide high definition on your television.