Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem with hyperlinks and absolute paths...
brewmeone
Hello,
I'm curious if anyone has run into this issue...
We're using BIRT 2.5.2... and have hyperlinks in one report that drill down into another report.
web.xml
BIRT_VIEWER_WORKING_FOLDER = null
WORKING_FOLDER_ACCESS_ONLY = true
With these two values set in web.xml, the hyperlinks, when clicked, generate the error "There is no report design object available."
The BIRT engine is concatenating the value "../../../deploy/BIRT-portlet.war/" to the __report parameter for the hyperlink. If I remove the concatenated value and manually paste the URL into a browser, it works.
If I change WORKING_FOLDER_ACCESS_ONLY = false, the hyperlink is generated with a full path, and does work. Problem with that is, I've been told the full machine path will fail our internal security scans.
Is this a deployment, or server configuration issue? Any idea how/where this setting needs to be changed? I want the hyperlink to only list the report name... not concatenate the additional directory value. We really want to keep the web.xml setting for WORKING_FOLDER_ACCESS_ONLY = true.
We are using JBOSS.
Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to offer any insight.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
Is the directory structure in your development the same as your deployment?
If it changes, that might explain why it cannot find the file.
brewmeone
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="67793" data-time="1282829050" data-date="26 August 2010 - 06:24 AM"><p>
Is the directory structure in your development the same as your deployment?<br />
If it changes, that might explain why it cannot find the file.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Thanks for the reply. The directory structure is a bit different... I tried looking through the rptdesign file for the hyperlink relative path, but didn't see anything. <br />
<br />
My development directory (MyEclipseIDE):<br />
Workspaces<br />
-IRM<br />
--WebRoot<br />
---reports<br />
<br />
Deployment directory (JBoss with LifeRay portlet):<br />
deploy<br />
-BIRT-portlet.war
brewmeone
I think I've got it...
In web.xml... I've changed the BIRT_VIEWER_WORKING_FOLDER parameter to the FULL path.
The hyperlink is generated with a relative path, is no longer adding on the "../../../", and is able to find the report design files.
rls19843
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'brewmeone'" data-cid="67800" data-time="1282831900" data-date="26 August 2010 - 07:11 AM"><p>
I think I've got it...<br />
<br />
In web.xml... I've changed the BIRT_VIEWER_WORKING_FOLDER parameter to the FULL path. <br />
<br />
The hyperlink is generated with a relative path, is no longer adding on the "../../../", and is able to find the report design files.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I am having the same problem however that did not fix it for me. Is there anything else you changed to fix the problem?
rls19843
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'rls19843'" data-cid="67835" data-time="1282853007" data-date="26 August 2010 - 01:03 PM"><p>
I am having the same problem however that did not fix it for me. Is there anything else you changed to fix the problem?<br /></p></blockquote>
Don't worry i have figured out my problem. My tomcat server was corrupt. But thanks for the post it was helpful.