Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Top 10
llew
Hi everyone!
I have one question about the reports. When you load the data from a csv file, how can you make a top 10 (for example) of this data. I mean, I have a column with integer values and i want to show the 10 highest values of this one.
Is this possible? How?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kosta
Hello llew,
if you use the report designer and you use Data Sets there you can define filter on your Data Set.
Edit Data Set (double click on the data set) -> Filters -> New... -> Enter Your Column and choose Top n and input the 10 in the last text area.
Cheers.
llew
Hi kosta, thanks for your reply
I tried to do something like this but it doesn't work properly.
Also I tried to uncheck "Fetch all rows from the datasource" in Settings tab of Edit Data Set and put a specific value but the result is the same
thuston
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'llew'" data-cid="67844" data-time="1282912902" data-date="27 August 2010 - 05:41 AM"><p>
Also I tried to uncheck "Fetch all rows from the datasource" in Settings tab of Edit Data Set and put a specific value but the result is the same<br /></p></blockquote>
You definitely don't want to do that unless your data is already aggregated and/or sorted.<br />
You can't know what the top N are unless you Fetch all the data.<br />
<br />
Kosta's solution should be the correct one, even with CSV.<br />
Did you try it?<br />
If it's not working, is your data column set to be a string or an integer? The sorting will be different depending upon datatype.<br />
You can even make a computed column and ensure it is a number like this Number(row["myCSVIntCol"])
llew
Hi
I have the data sorted (integer values) and try the Kosta's Solution (Filter -> New Filter -> Select Top N and specify 10 in the last text field) but in the preview results I only have 2 rows. This ones are the two highest values in the report
Why the output print only 2 rows when I specify 10 en the Top N text filed?
Thanks
llew
I got it, I show only the 10 top rows
In the Property Editor window of the table, the is a tab calls "Filter". I had made a filter here and voila
Thanks to all for your help