Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
init is not defiened
Lianite
My company uses a Tomcat server to handle report requests. Everything has been going quite smoothly for some time now. But, I just created a very simplistic report that when ran via a web-browser, I get the error: Init is not defined.
Keep in mind that we have a couple hundred reports out there where the code on the loading page is the exact same as this one report that will not run. The Parameter screen does not even show up.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
This report was designed using v2.5.0.
Thank you,
Jordan Trulen
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Can you post the report?
Lianite
Unfortunately it connects to data of a sensitive nature, so I cannot post it here.
JasonW
where is Init defined in your report?
Lianite
Init is not defined in the report at all. The error I get is from the Firefox Error Console when running the report. I have attached the Error Console error as init_error.jpg, and the only line init is called in the init_error_html.jpg file.
I hope this better describes what is going on.
Thank you,
Jordan Trulen
JasonW
Are you using any text elements with client js in them?
Jason
Lianite
I only use 3 pieces of javascript at all. One is to test a numeric field, and if it is 1, then one value, else another. I also use a dynamic text element to concatenate two parameters and some text together for a title. The only other part I use is for alternate row coloring using: row.__rownum % 2 == 1.
Other than that, there is no javascript at all.
JasonW
Can you design a simple listing report against the sample db and check it?
Lianite
Nevermind Jason, it was a stupid mistake on my part. I connect to an Oracle database and was using the following for a criteria: to_date(?, 'MM/DD/YYYY'). I modified this so that ? would come into the SQL as a date field, and that fixed the problem.
Thank you,
Jordan Trulen