BIRT If-Else conditional section

Options
Pradeep
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Can some one give me an example how to do "IF ELSE CONDITIONAL SECTION " that we can implement in previous Actuate 7/8.I want to implement report that can be invoked conditionally.
In Actuate 7/8 if else conditional section can be used to implement this but don't know
how to do this BIRT.
your help is appreciated.

Comments

• johnw
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Options
    There are a lot of ways you would implement IF/ELSE conditions in BIRT, within data elements to display different columns based on a condition, using a visibility expression, or in a scripting level to do, for example, changing a hyperlink to do a regular hyperlink under one value condition, or do a drill down to another report for a different condition.<br />
    <br />
    Since tts been a while since I've looked at ERD Pro I am a little fuzzy on the exact way the If/Else element worked, so if you can be more specific that would be helpful. Give me a specific Use Case that you want, and I'll explain how you would accomplish it?<br />
    <br />
    John<br />
    <br />
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Pradeep'" data-cid="67873" data-time="1283047031" data-date="28 August 2010 - 06:57 PM"><p>
    Can some one give me an example how to do "IF ELSE CONDITIONAL SECTION " that we can implement in previous Actuate 7/8.I want to implement report that can be invoked conditionally. <br />
    In Actuate 7/8 if else conditional section can be used to implement this but don't know<br />
    how to do this BIRT.<br />
    your help is appreciated.<br /></p></blockquote>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • thuston
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Options
    I think visibility expressions or nested tables with Filters would be the closest thing to the AcConditionalSection.
    Scripting or a Dynamic report table generation system would be the true way, but also pretty complicated.
  • Pradeep
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Options
    JOhn thank you for the reply. I believe as said by you using the visibility feature in BIRT should work for me. I had figured out the same. <br />
    ANy way all i was trying to get was create 5 different reports and show only one report based on the condition i put. THank you very for follow up<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="67874" data-time="1283068996" data-date="29 August 2010 - 01:03 AM"><p>
    There are a lot of ways you would implement IF/ELSE conditions in BIRT, within data elements to display different columns based on a condition, using a visibility expression, or in a scripting level to do, for example, changing a hyperlink to do a regular hyperlink under one value condition, or do a drill down to another report for a different condition.<br />
    <br />
    Since tts been a while since I've looked at ERD Pro I am a little fuzzy on the exact way the If/Else element worked, so if you can be more specific that would be helpful. Give me a specific Use Case that you want, and I'll explain how you would accomplish it?<br />
    <br />
    John<br /></p></blockquote>
  • Pradeep
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    Options
    Thank you THuston<br />
    <br />
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="67899" data-time="1283176855" data-date="30 August 2010 - 07:00 AM"><p>
    I think visibility expressions or nested tables with Filters would be the closest thing to the AcConditionalSection.<br />
    Scripting or a Dynamic report table generation system would be the true way, but also pretty complicated.<br /></p></blockquote>