Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Reports with Dynamic Images are not rendering
cwfranklin
Hello all,
Just to give you a little background on the environment I'm working in: We are using BIRT report designer in MyEclipse 8.5 to create the reports and packaging the birt engine inside of our project then deploying to a JBoss (v5.0) server.
We are trying to upgrade our engine and libraries to 2.5.2. We have discovered that our reports that have a dynamically generated image object are not rendering. All the other reports (w/ out dynamically loaded images) render without a problem. When we preview the report in MyEclipse it reports with dynamic images render fine, but when it is deployed to the server and is using the packaged birt engine and runtime it does not render and there are no errors. I think may have to do with a library or a jar that we are missing, but I can't seem to pinpoint it.
Please help as out deadline is approaching rather quickly and we would have to have to revert back to 2.5.1.
Thanks you
NOTE: I posted this in the wrong forum. Can a Mod please move to the "Deploying and Integrating BIRT Report Engine in Applications" forum. I apologize for the misplacement.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jhelbling
Hi cwfranklin,
How did you upgrade to 2.5.2 ? Did you simply replace the jars files ? Did you do it on the same machine ?
Is your development environment and JBoss server on the same machine ? Did you double-check the image are present on the machine where you're trying to install 2.5.2 ?
Regards
cwfranklin
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'jhelbling'" data-cid="67909" data-time="1283183768" data-date="30 August 2010 - 08:56 AM"><p>
Hi cwfranklin,<br />
<br />
How did you upgrade to 2.5.2 ? Did you simply replace the jars files ? Did you do it on the same machine ?<br />
<br />
Is your development environment and JBoss server on the same machine ? Did you double-check the image are present on the machine where you're trying to install 2.5.2 ?<br />
<br />
Regards<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks for you reply...<br />
<br />
We replaced the jar files and library files and folders as well as changed the eclipse library from 2.5.1 to 2.5.2. <br />
<br />
Yes this was all done on the same machine. <br />
<br />
Currently, we are testing on the jboss server which is on our development environment. <br />
<br />
The images are in the database and the reports work fine using BIRT 2.5.1. We are using a Dynamic Image element. I should also note that it works fine when viewing from the preview in eclipse and also works fine when exporting it to PDF in eclipse. The problem occurs when the application is deployed on the jboss server.
cwfranklin
We managed to figure out a work around.
I had a table element and in it's dateset row I had a grid, in which I set the layout for the record data. Each record needed to have name dob and some demographic information on **** offenders along with their picture. This picture element is what was causing the problem. I set the picture element to take up 100% width and 100% height to fill up the grid cell in which it was in. I guess pdf rendering doesn't like the percentage attribute, so I tried defining it explicitly in pixels. I had to play around with the dimensions but, I finally got it to the way it used to look and it seems to be working.
I'm not sure why the percentage attribute on the picture was causing problems. Possibly a bug in version 2.5.2?