Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Create Dataset from UML Model with ConstrainedElements by Constraint
brice9
I am using the BIRT plugin inside Rational Software Modeler. Is there a way to create a dataSet which has all the constrainedElements as rows, but has/joins the relevant constraint information such as name and constraint details?
Example:
ConstrainedElement
Constraint1
Constraint2
ConstrainedElement2
Constraint1
Constraint3
Constraint4
...
I have tried this but without success in joining the URIs:
oclEvaluate(resolveURI($elementURI),"Constraint.allInstances()->select(c | c.oclAsType(Constraint).constrainedElement->exists(ce | ce = self))")
Any ideas are very much appreciated!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi brice9,
I'm not certain I'm understanding completely. This may be because I have not use RSM. Can you explain what you're trying to do in more detail? Thanks.
brice9
Hi Michael,
Thank you for any help. I am trying to report all the Constraints related to a ConstrainedElement for a UML Model. In order to accomplish this, I need a dataset. I have been successful creating a dataset of ConstrainedElements for a Constraint (but not the reverse). ConstrainedElements for a Constraint can be accomplished by:
row mapping
//Constraint
column1 mapping
instanceOf(constrainedElement,"uml:Node")[1]/
@name
column2 mapping
instanceOf(constrainedElement,"uml:Node")[2]/
@name
column3 mapping
instanceOf(constrainedElement,"uml:Node")[3]/
@name
...
The resulting report would look like:
NFR-Availability
Database Node
Application Server Node
Web Server Node
NFR-Data Volume
Database Node
NFR-Response Time
Database Node
Application Server Node
BUT, I wish to reverse the columns and rows to have a report that would be like:
Database Node
NFR-Availability
NFR-Data Volume
NFR-Response Time
Application Server Node
NFR-Response Time
NFR-Availability
Web Server Node
NFR-Availability
Not sure the contraints can be retrieved directly from a constrained element in the UML metamodel? Or could the rows and columns of the dataset that works above be reversed, because all the information is in the first dataset just need to flip the rows and columns? Or another way to accomplish the desired result?
Thanks again!
betsy